Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Who will be guarantor? 2019/5/28 08:23
Hello I am a Chinese girl married to a Japanese man for 3 years currently I have a 3 years resident status don't have kids I want to apply for permanent but due to some reason my husband don't want to support me he don't want to sign a guarantee for my permanent application my question is can I use my sister as a guarantor she have permanent residency?
by Chinese (guest)  

Re: Who will be guarantor? 2019/5/28 10:13
a guarantor is Japanese national or permanent resident visa holder to support the application.
So if your sister has a permanent resident she can be the guarantor.

There is question which immigration can ask, is why the name of the guarantor will be different from the person you are married. So they can ask your husband by phone or ask additional documentation.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Who will be guarantor? 2019/5/28 13:08
Thank you @justmyday I already mentioned that my husband don't want me to get permanent that's why I asked the question but in case if they called my husband and my husband tell them that he will soon divorced me or may be he tell immigration that I am nit good or anything else he can say will that all effect my application rejection? However if me and my sister have good record in Japan about taxes rules laws anything?
by Chinese (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Who will be guarantor? 2019/5/28 14:26
So many alarm bells.

Sounds like you need to change your status/visa that dorsnt have a requirement for spouse first, before trying for permanent.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Who will be guarantor? 2019/5/29 08:50
In this case getting a permanent resident status will be difficult.
Immigration will check information and can contact your husband to see current situation.

Applying for a PR takes time and even after your divorce immigration can may revoke you status for not informing the situation.

by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Who will be guarantor? 2019/5/29 15:34
Yes, they will contact your husband. What effect it will have on your application, no one can tell. If you want to apply, then just apply and see what happens.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread