Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Change of Status of Residence query 2019/5/28 22:14
Hi all,

In the application form - http://www.moj.go.jp/content/001290187.pdf, what is the difference between No. 20 (3) Supporter - Œo”ïŽx•ÙŽÒ(Œã‹L21‚ƈقȂéꇂɋL“ü) on page 3 and No. 21 Supporter - •}—{ŽÒ (\¿l‚ª•}—{‚ðŽó‚¯‚éꇂɋL“ü) on page 4???

Why is there two of these on the form and which one would be best/easiest to fill out???

Your valid replies are appreciated. Thanks.

regards,

OPP
by OPP (guest)  

Re: Change of Status of Residence query 2019/5/29 16:31
20(3) is the person who will pay for your expenses while you are in Japan; you fill this only if you chose "Supporter" in 20(1). Note that this can be a person living outside Japan.

21 is the person who will support you more generally, for example the person with whom you will live; this can be left empty if you will live independently. This must be a person residing in Japan.

If 20(3) and 21 are the same, you can fill 21 only.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Change of Status of Residence query 2019/5/29 16:34
There is on is best option you just need to fill in the correct information

Number 21 is your partner information (Wife/Husband)
Number 20/3 is anyone else than your partner
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Change of Status of Residence query 2019/5/29 17:30
No 20/3 can you put your mother back in your home country? She owns her own business. And will immigration call to confirm this? Will they then want tax certificates and income slips from her then have it translated into Japanese? (Sounds very troublesome to do)

No 21 What if your partner doesnft work and the father earns very little (no mother). Can we put grandmother whofs pension is greater than what the father earns?

by Hmmm (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Change of Status of Residence query 2019/5/29 18:13
In 20(3) you put the person who will pay for your expenses while you are in Japan, period. If that's your mother, you put your mother. If it's not your mother, you don't put your mother.

Re: Change of Status of Residence query 2019/5/29 18:33
Thanks for the replies everyone.

The mother certainly does sound tempting but Ifm wary of immigration will start asking for those docs & their translations. Meh!
by OPP (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Change of Status of Residence query 2019/5/29 18:38
If you have a problem with telling the truth, that's a bad sign. Remember that if you don't, you run th risk of having your status revoked and being deported even after it is granted.

Re: Change of Status of Residence query 2019/5/29 18:41
Itfs not about the truth. Its the lengthy process thatfs a worry

If I put a supporter in Japan and immigration needs the tax and income docs at least itfs in Japanese

If it was my mother From my home country itfll take awhile and therefs the translations blah blah blah.

You know what I mean.

Re: Change of Status of Residence query 2019/5/29 18:45
Yes, I know what you mean: you want to write whatever you think will make the process easier, regardless of who will actually support you. If you were honest, you would write the information of the person who will actualy support you, regarless of the possible delays.

Re: Change of Status of Residence query 2019/5/29 18:48
Yes because I have options on who will support me, not just one person. Ifm just not putting random names down or anything.

Re: Change of Status of Residence query 2019/5/29 18:50
Ok, then in that case a person in Japan would certainly be a smarter choice.

reply to this thread