Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is this enough money for 12 nights in Tokyo? 2019/5/29 03:24
Hi everyone, my girlfriend and I are going to Tokyo for the first time in August. Wefre going to be spending 12 nights in Tokyo only. We already got our plane tickets and hotel. Will $3,550 be enough for us for our time there?
by Zef0423  

Re: Is this enough money for 12 nights in Tokyo? 2019/5/29 16:38
Japan uses yen, not dollars.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is this enough money for 12 nights in Tokyo? 2019/5/29 16:38
Depends on what you are planning to do.
It seems more than enough
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Is this enough money for 12 nights in Tokyo? 2019/5/29 20:20
Fair point, we would have \388,500 Japanese yen total for our 12 days in Tokyo. Wefre gonna be budgeting through out our time but some activities wefll do include stuff like Disneyland, Tokyo tower, and the national museum, throughout our time.
by Zef0423 rate this post as useful

Re: Is this enough money for 12 nights in Tokyo? 2019/5/29 20:24
That's almost USD150.00 per person/day. Plenty if you don't splurge. But as has been said before, it all depends on your spending habits.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Is this enough money for 12 nights in Tokyo? 2019/5/30 04:11
You say you already have the hotel, so you must know how much that is going to cost. How much is going to be left per day for meals and additional expenses? Or are you not including the hotel bill in the $3550 amount? If so, then it is certainly more than enough.
by mafepero rate this post as useful

Re: Is this enough money for 12 nights in Tokyo? 2019/5/30 04:16
The $3,550 is how much we have after paying the hotel and plane tickets.
by Zef0423 rate this post as useful

Re: Is this enough money for 12 nights in Tokyo? 2019/5/30 05:13
That's about $148 per person per night. Assuming it's US $, it's about 16250 yen per person per night. If you don't drink alcoholic beverage too much, then you can live on it comfortably. However, one restaurant dinner with lots of sake/wine can exceed your daily budget easily, too.

by edokko101 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is this enough money for 12 nights in Tokyo? 2019/5/30 06:27
You will need another $27.39.
Or possibly you will have $593.24 to take back home with you.
Itfs one or the other - therefs no in-between.
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: Is this enough money for 12 nights in Tokyo? 2019/5/30 09:52
I dunno, what are you planning to do in Tokyo for 12 nights? It is a big city, very much like whatever the biggest city is where you live except the people in it are largely very polite and helpful. But generally speaking being in a place like that means finding something to do, sooner or later that involves going to the shops and spending money. Tokyo shopping is very expensive, I gave my kids about $500 each and I think it was gone at Shibuya 101 within a couple of hours then the little rats were back at me for more.

There are lots of places that you can go outside of Tokyo by local trains or buses where you wont be compelled to hit your wallet every 5 minutes. You might spend $50 getting there and back, but then you could occupy yourself a lot better. I'm thinking Kamakura, Enoshima, Nikko, Hakone, Chichibu for starters, even Narita town itself is pretty nice.

I suppose that I should caveat these comments by saying that I dont really like cities at all. I was last in Tokyo for 2 nights in the beginning of the month and didnt bother leaving the hotel grounds.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread