Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

The names to the trains stations in Tokyo 2019/5/31 10:08
How do I find all the names to the trains stations in Tokyo, Kyoto and Hiroshima?

I want to be able to use hyperdia.

I just down loaded hyperdia on my phone but it expires in 30 days.
by Stewart S Skiba (guest)  

Re: The names to the trains stations in Tokyo 2019/5/31 14:51
Not sure I understand your question.
Option 1)
Look at google maps for the places you want to go. And see the name of close by train station

Option 2)
Look up the name of train lines and then go to Wikipedia where there normally is a list of al stations on that line. That way youfd really get all names of all stations. Just not sure what purpose that would serve

If you just want to know how to get from A to B, why not use Google Maps? (Note: i am not a hyperdia User so i donft know if you can search by street address instead of train station)

by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: The names to the trains stations in Tokyo 2019/5/31 14:52
Google maps is a good source to locate names.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: The names to the trains stations in Tokyo 2019/5/31 19:39
There's no need to download Hyperdia onto your phone. Just keep it in one of your browser's tabs. The subscription fee is totally unnecessary.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: The names to the trains stations in Tokyo 2019/5/31 22:36
Mr. Skiba,

I'm not sure if I understand your question either, but try Googling "train map tokyo", for example. Maybe you will find what you're looking for.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: The names to the trains stations in Tokyo 2019/6/2 02:54
I want to be able to use hyperdia.

Personally I am not familiar with HyperDia App.

A common process to input a station name
(whose spelling you are not sure about)
for the web version of HyperDia or Jorudan is like the following.
1. You type (possible) first few letters of the station name.
2. Some candidates are shown.
3. You select the one looking like the station which you hope to specify.

For the purpose of knowing the spelling in alphabets of a Japanese station name to be used for a route-finding tool, basically it is not a practical way to find the name in a complete list of stations located in a particular prefecture.

There exist more than six hundred railway stations solely in Tokyo Metropolis.
When also the neighboring Kanagawa, Chiba and Saitama Prefectures are within the scope, the number easily surpasses one thousand.

A Japanese name of one same station may have slightly different spellings in alphabets.
What spelling is adopted depends on specific route-finding tools, but generally macrons (to indicate long vowels) tend to be omitted.
e.g. Yūrakuchō, Yuurakuchou, Yurakucho: Yurakucho is adopted.
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread