Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Easy access beach Okinawa Prefecture 2019/6/2 01:25
Hi,
I went to Ishigaki island last year and really liked the beaches there.

I will return to Japan this summer and plan to make a short visit to Okinawa pref. again.

I did only see Naha city except for the islands around Ishigaki.

I am looking to Kerama, Miyako islands or the Okinawa main island.

Are there any areas that are not too crowded coming to beaches? Or is that something to expect during summer due to scool holidays?

I think I went during low season as there were almost no people at the beaches in Ishigaki.
by guest (guest)  

Re: Easy access beach Okinawa Prefecture 2019/6/19 12:57
Hi, I used to work in Okinawa and you don't necessarily need to island hop to get some peace and quiet from the crowds on the beaches.
During the "winter months" (it still reaches over 20 degrees) the Onna-son area (central area of mainland Okinawa), though there are many resorts along the beaches, there arent many people there.

If you're coming during the high season the beaches on the very north east side of the island were much quieter than those near resorts. I highly recommend £“ι“”‘δ and ˆΙ]‚Μ•l. Calm stretches of beach with clear waters.
by Amy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Easy access beach Okinawa Prefecture 2019/6/19 15:12
Thank you Amy for your reply.

Is the climate very different from mainland Japan by the way?
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Easy access beach Okinawa Prefecture 2019/6/19 18:10
Hi there,

The main island of Okinawa is a paradise. In Okinawa, you can explore deserted beaches, swim with sea turtles or snorkel in crystal clear waters. As the previous user said, during the high season the beaches on the very northeast side of the island are much quieter than the ones near resorts.

My favorite beach is the Mibaru. It's located on the southwest of Okinawa main island. Itfs one of the well-kept hidden beaches and less touristy. The scenery with rock formations is amazing. Maybe this travel guide about Okinawa will interest you: https://www.jrailpass.com/blog/okinawa-travel-guide
by Mike Rogers (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread