Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is it possible to visit Owakudani Onsen? 2019/6/2 16:23
Dear,
We are planning to visit Owakudani Hakone Volcanic Onsen on 11th June. Is it possible to visit this place if we reach Owakudani via bus (due to ropeway service is currently unavailable) ?
by Emon (guest)  

Re: Is it possible to visit Owakudani Onsen? 2019/6/2 16:30
Currently Owakudani is off-limit due to a heightened risk of a volcanic eruption. I think it is unlikely that the no-entry order will be liftedwithin the next 9 days, but it is theoretically possible.

Up-to-date information can be found here:
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5203.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Is it possible to visit Owakudani Onsen? 2019/6/3 06:07
Could anyone please tell me how long the bus detour takes vs. taking the ropeway?
TIA.
by atochie rate this post as useful

Re: Is it possible to visit Owakudani Onsen? 2019/6/3 08:05
The one way trip between Sounzan and Togendai takes about 25 minutes. There are departures every 15-20 minutes. The ropeway journey takes about 30 minutes. On busy days, there may be waiting times.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Is it possible to visit Owakudani Onsen? 2019/6/3 09:20
Slightly more practical IMO is taking the bus from Togendai to Gora - avoids the cablecar.

Regarding the "on busy days" comment and waiting times, those can get very long (over an hour) which I have seen.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread