Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cheap hotels in Tokyo 2019/6/3 16:43
Hello, everyone
We are planning to stay in Tokyo for 1 week on the new year's holiday.

Please recommend some cheap hotels in Tokyo for us.

Thank you
by NavinNavin  

Re: Cheap hotels in Tokyo 2019/6/3 17:56
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cheap hotels in Tokyo 2019/6/3 19:16
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: Cheap hotels in Tokyo 2019/6/4 03:39
Ifve stayed at the B Conte Asakusa and was very happy with it. If youfre staying a week, the rate can be under 9000 yen per night and itfs basically a mini apartment with in-room laundry machine, stove, full size fridge. A few minutes walk from Senso-ji and across from a woodblock print studio. 24 hour Don Quixote and grocery store nearby for all your essentials. Itfs cheap because the staff leaves after 7pm but if youfre not a needy hotel guest thatfs not an issue.
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

Re: Cheap hotels in Tokyo 2019/6/4 08:42
New Year's holiday - 31st December is the busiest day of the year, so hotels would be full price or simply full. However, if you can get a booking, somewhere like Toyoko would be a cheap/reasonable option.
Also consider locations slightly out of the "central" city or even Yokohama. Travelling 20 minutes is not much given the usual travel times around the place.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Cheap hotels in Tokyo 2019/6/4 13:54
There are a chain of cheaper hotels called Tokyu Stay and they are dotted around Tokyo, and generally have microwave, washing machine, full bathroom facilities, cable TV, and often have a simple coffee bar/breakfast area. I can recommend them, as I've stayed at several.
by Kersy rate this post as useful

Re: Cheap hotels in Tokyo 2019/6/14 18:26
Hello Navin,

If you're looking for cheap accommodation, why don't you try staying in a capsule hotel? Capsule hotels are like normal hotels but instead of a normal-sized room, you sleep in a small cubicle. Though they are small, they are also modern and comfortable.

The price of capsule hotels generally ranges between 3000-5,500 YN (US$30-50) a night. This normally includes high-speed internet access as well as basic facilities such as toilets and baths. If at the end you want to give it a chance, here you can have a look at the best 8 in Tokyo and Osaka: https://www.jrailpass.com/blog/capsule-hotels-japan
by Allison (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cheap hotels in Tokyo 2019/6/15 11:52
Capsule hotels can be more expensive than a proper hotel room. The price per person, single occupancy and for a week wouldn't make for a great trip. I've have some nice places (including breakfast) for under 8,000 yen/night - two people, secure, no problems with luggage.
Among the better low cost chains are Dormy, Richmond or MyStays. Consider something out of the central Tokyo area - given the size of Tokyo and the excellent trains you don't need to spend extra to be in somewhere like Shinjuku/Shibuya.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Cheap hotels in Tokyo 2019/6/15 17:53
Lots of places, especially in Taito-ku.
I booked my own room in one for less than US$30 a night. Nothing fancy - quite spartan, really, but quiet, clean, no complaints. You can easily find them south of Minami-Senju Stn on google maps or the usual engines like booking.com
Or try looking at Toyoko Inn, Superhotel, Comfort Inn, Smile Hotel, and many more.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread