Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Carry-on luggage, Kofu to Kawaguchiko bus 2019/6/6 07:50
I am planning to go to Fuji Kawaguchiko Onsen area from Matsumoto. I plan to take a JR train from Matsumoto to Kofu, and then take a route bus to Kawaguchiko. But, I have a 22” carry on luggage, is there a luggage storage area on the bus from Kofu to Kawaguchiko? Please advise, thank you.
by lvtravel (guest)  

Re: Carry-on luggage, Kofu to Kawaguchiko bus 2019/6/6 11:01
Highway buses have the luggage atea under the bus.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Carry-on luggage, Kofu to Kawaguchiko bus 2019/6/6 12:17
Highway buses have the luggage atea under the bus.

Unfortunately, Fujikyuko seems not to classify this bus as highway bus.

https://bus.fujikyu.co.jp/rosen/detail/id/8

This bus is in their Rosen bus (local bus) section.

https://bus.fujikyu.co.jp/other/qa

Q. バス車内に持ち込める荷物に制限はありますか?

Q. Is there restriction for the buggage I can bring into the bus?

A. 重さ10kg以内、長さ1m以内のお手回り品については無料でお持込みいただけます。また、車内が混雑していない場合に限り、重さ30kg以内、長さ2m以内のお手回り品について、普通運賃の半額をお支払いただき、車内にお持込みいただけます。

A. You can bring item less than 10 kg and less than 1 m in length for free. Only when the bus is not crowded you can bring item less than 30 kg and less than 2 m in length with payment of half the travel fare.

A. 高速バスについては、車両トランクにお荷物をお入れいただけます。
ただし、以下にご注意をお願いします。
トランクへのお荷物はお一人さまにつきスーツケース1個程度の大きさまでとさせていただきます。

A. As for the highway bus, you can bring your baggage in the baggage trunk for free.
But note that you can bring only 1 item (suitecase) for free.

by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Carry-on luggage, Kofu to Kawaguchiko bus 2019/6/6 12:59
Got it, thank you. How about taking a taxi instead?
by lvtravel (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Carry-on luggage, Kofu to Kawaguchiko bus 2019/6/6 14:49
Taxi could be predictably very expensive. It’s about 1 h drive!

But don’t despair there is an alternative: Takyubin, ie shipping your luggage ahead. This service isn’t too expensive and very reliable. In general it takes 1 day for shipment. This you could either send it on the morning of your previous day from wherever you are to Fujigoko, or you could ship it directly to your following destination. In each case you’d just need a small bag/carry on with things for 1-2 nights.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Carry-on luggage, Kofu to Kawaguchiko bus 2019/6/6 17:18
Well, Takkyubin is one option. But in your case you might be allowed to bring your carry-on size suitcase. Strictly speaking, it should be less than 10 kg, but I think there will be no scale on the bus station and if you handle it by yourself it will be OK to bring it with you.

Re: Carry-on luggage, Kofu to Kawaguchiko bus 2019/6/7 01:38
@frog1954, thank you very much for your advice. Typically I packed my 22" carry-on up to 20-21 lbs, < 10 kg because I carried it on plane as well. Japanese airlines seem have much more restricted weight max for carry-on. From the information you posted, I assumed that the 1m limit for the luggage was referring to the height of luggage, not the total lineage of the luggage. So my 22" should be ok?
by lvtravel (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Carry-on luggage, Kofu to Kawaguchiko bus 2019/6/7 14:28
From the information you posted, I assumed that the 1m limit for the luggage was referring to the height of luggage, not the total lineage of the luggage. So my 22" should be ok?

Yes. You will be fine.

reply to this thread