Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Vaccinations for Japan (Tokyo) 2019/6/9 15:57
Hi there,

I have been reading online about the measles outbreak in Japan lately, is vaccinations a must for Tokyo?

Il be traveling to tokyo for 2 weeks in November 2019, so i was slightly concerned if i should be worried or not.

Allot of people say Japan is a very clean and safe country to travel to, which is true when i was there in 2016, so im pretty sure i should not worry right?

Please let me know what u think.
Thanks

by Frankie (guest)  

Re: Vaccinations for Japan (Tokyo) 2019/6/9 17:35
Measles vaccination is a must for everyone, everywhere.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Vaccinations for Japan (Tokyo) 2019/6/9 20:03
Ok but if u dont have the vaccination, will you not be allowed into the country?

I know i had german measles when i was younger.

by Frankie (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Vaccinations for Japan (Tokyo) 2019/6/9 23:52
It's fine, you won't get checked.

Of course if you can get one, why not, it's safer.
by JPN48 rate this post as useful

Re: Vaccinations for Japan (Tokyo) 2019/6/10 00:16
hey JPN,

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated, at least i have a bit of peace of mind now.

The German measles i did already have way back in the day, so there i should be fine, i am just scared to take the vaccination in case it makes me sick, cant take off sick from work..lol

When i traveled to Tokyo in 2016, i never took the vaccination and i was fine, but i guess that time the measles were not an issue.

Worse case scenario i just buy myself a mask from a convenience store to keep myself safe, if that helps at all.

Re: Vaccinations for Japan (Tokyo) 2019/6/10 06:38
Donft be scared about a vaccination. Against anything. What makes you sick is diseases. Vaccines are against diseases.
Statistically speaking it is SOOOOO much safer to have a vaccination instead of getting the disease.

So check your vaccination booklet, bring it to your GP and have her/him check if you are gcurrenth.

Now specially to measles, therefs no German vs Japanese measles. Measles are measles. Itfs not like influenza where the virus changes (slightly) from year to year and you need to get a new vaccination every year if your GP advises so.

Safe trip !
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Vaccinations for Japan (Tokyo) 2019/6/10 13:32
Thanks Likebike.

Appreciate the comment.

I guess im not going to worry to much about it, otherwise I might not end up enjoying my trip, I don't want to end up looking over my shoulder everyday long, lol

I guess at the end of the day the vaccination will be a coin toss for me, before I leave to visit Tokyo.

I have had rubella when I was younger but cant recall having the others, but il see how things go.

thanks.

Re: Vaccinations for Japan (Tokyo) 2019/6/10 16:55
So if you are not sure if you had measles or not , make at least sure you get vaccinated. And this is not for Japan but actually for Germany (where I suppose you live). There are continuous outbreaks of measles in Germany including a few deaths.

Even if you have just a mild form of measles you WILL infect other people around you that are not vaccinated for whatever reason. And one of them might pass it on to someone else who finally isnft strong enough and dies of measles or gets serious long term effects. Be responsible and break the chain!

Re: Vaccinations for Japan (Tokyo) 2019/6/10 17:25
hey,

I don't actually come from Germany, lol

You should read it online, there are two distinct strains of it, Rubella(German) and Rubeola, the one is more severe than the other.

The reason why they call it German measles, is the first strain of it occurred in Germany back in the day.

But nonetheless, I guess I will be going for the vaccination just to be safe.

Re: Vaccinations for Japan (Tokyo) 2019/6/10 18:58
Sorry, I had no idea that Rubella could be called gGerman measles g. Very misleading term.

The two diseases are different. And you need different vaccines against them. They might be given though in one injection.

reply to this thread