Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Snow in the northern Chubu during mid Dec? 2019/6/9 16:52
Historically, is there lots of snow during Dec 17-20 Noto/Kanazawa/Shirakawago
'
Appreciate any advice.

I'm prepared for 4WD rentals.
Some limited snow driving experience many years ago.
by JeremyChan  

Re: Snow in the northern Chubu during mid Dec? 2019/6/10 15:19
Hi, based on my experience which is a bit patchy, I'd expect Shirakawa to be quite snowy and cold but also slippery, and Kanazawa to be slushy with a lot of water on the ground and maybe snow. We were at Kanazawa just after Christmas one year and gum boots would have been handy, we spent half of the night drying our supposedly waterproof boots. It has sleet, hail, and rain frequently. Shirakawago on the other hand was very cold (minus 7 from memory) and had a lot of snow and ice.

I'm not sure about Noto, never been there unfortunately.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Snow in the northern Chubu during mid Dec? 2019/6/10 16:47
Historical data is a simple google search away.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Snow in the northern Chubu during mid Dec? 2019/6/10 16:59
@hakata14 - Not really, searched quite thoroughly, but nothing definitive about snow during that period. Hence am asking the experts specifically about Dec.. The snow seems to be in January onwards for Not.
@Lazy Pious - Yes Shirakawago can get heavy snow, from 18th- 20th onwards. But Not Peninsula...........?
by JeremyChan rate this post as useful

Re: Snow in the northern Chubu during mid Dec? 2019/6/10 19:08
Cheers, I havent been to Noto but this thread suggests snow happens around that time https://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+120819
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread