Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Venues for same sex wedding ceremony 2019/6/11 01:10
My partner and I are looking into venues to have our wedding ceremony in Japan and struggling to find more then a few options.
Does anyone have any advice? We will do the legal bit at home of course, we're aware we can't be officially married in Japan.
Thanks a lot for any input.
by 8gatsu  

Re: Venues for same sex wedding ceremony 2019/6/11 11:11
What are you loking for exactly? You have found some options; in what way are they unsatisfactory?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Venues for same sex wedding ceremony 2019/6/11 12:44
I agree with the other poster. You need to be specific about what your problem is. Meanwhile, the following website is just for reference.

https://www.mwed.jp/lgbt/
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Venues for same sex wedding ceremony 2019/6/11 18:00
I've gotta agree that more information is needed here. Which city are you looking at? How many people? What time of year? What day? There are so many variables.

I do not know if you read or speak Japanese, but the English speaking wedding venue market is almost non-existent in Japan due to it's complexity of speaking to other people in another language and actual market demand.

There might be some places in Tokyo or Osaka. I'd probably search for weddings places which advertise in English and then email them directly. My guess is they will probably be more inclined to be flexible as providing a high quality service in English is difficult for most places.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Venues for same sex wedding ceremony 2019/6/11 21:57
If you want something in Kyoto and you're not on a budget

https://www.granviakyoto.com/rooms/special/2016/01/hotel-granvia-kyoto...
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Venues for same sex wedding ceremony 2019/6/11 23:14
The temple where this is situated looks really interesting - they also have an English website and I love the statement on their website "All love is equal"

https://shunkoin.com/
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Venues for same sex wedding ceremony 2019/6/12 15:33
Thank you so much for all your input everyone. The links are really helpful.
We are planning for October or early November and open to any type of venue that is distinctively Japanese somehow.
Our initial searches from home have given us packages trips that we don't need, or have been very expensive. Of course we expect to pay a fair bit for the ceremony but we didn't have anything to compare prices with.
Thank you for giving us more to look into and any further input is appreciated!
by 8gatsu rate this post as useful

Re: Venues for same sex wedding ceremony 2019/6/12 15:40
Oh to add to that, my Japanese is competent enough to hold a limited conversation. I was studying for jlpt level 2, though it's got rusty.
We expect a minimum of 10 guests, though we could be surprised and double that.
by 8gatsu rate this post as useful

reply to this thread