Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Any Chance for Sophia University's FLA? 2019/6/11 16:48
Hello, I'm a student from South Korea who is trying to apply for Sophia University's FLA in 2020 Spring Admission. I've got 1380 out of 1600 on SAT (R+W: 650, Math: 730), and 113 on TOEFL (R: 30 L: 30 S:26 W: 27). My GPA is currently 5.0 in Korean standards (about at 60th percentile), and 3.4 in US standards. Would it be possible for me to get into the FLA?
by tzarbomba804 (guest)  

Re: Any Chance for Sophia University's FLA? 2019/6/11 18:26
I am a student of Ritsumeikan university located in Kyoto.I will very happy if you apply in my university. However Admitted in Sophia university is highly competitive. But Don't worry.
by Ima (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Any Chance for Sophia University's FLA? 2019/6/11 18:48
I believe so, just go for it. Worst thing that could happen is that you don't get in, so have a backup plan.
I'm at Sophia right now, also applied for SILS.
by anon1 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Any Chance for Sophia University's FLA? 2019/6/11 22:05
I've already applied for Ritsumeikan University's GLA, and I'll also apply for GS Major as well. By the way, anon1, what was your SAT score when you applied for the FLA and SILS?
by tzarbomba804 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Any Chance for Sophia University's FLA? 2019/6/16 07:22
I think you have a pretty good chance. Ifm from America and I was accepted into the 2019 Autumn semester for FLA. My SAT score was 1300, TOEFL 116, and my gpa wasnft particularly great. So in terms of stats, I think yours are pretty good. It is worth mentioning though that the essay will be very important. Additionally, the teachers that wrote recommendations for me were all teachers that I have very good relationships with. You should approach teachers who you think will best be able to speak on your abilities and who you are as a person. Also, though Ifm not stellar academically, I was involved in lots of clubs at my school and I think mentioning your extracurriculars will help. Good luck!
by froyo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Any Chance for Sophia University's FLA? 2019/6/17 00:12
My SAT was pretty good, way higher than average at FLA and SILS I believe, as I got scholarships for both of them. But it's not all grades like gxsell said, so just give it your all. Good luck, hope to see you around next year.
by anon1 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Any Chance for Sophia University's FLA? 2019/6/17 07:17
Thank you guys! It helped me a lot!
by tzarbomba804 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread