Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Age limit for children dependent visa? 2019/6/12 00:09
Can I get the certificate of eligibility as dependent if I am 22 years old? Can I go japan as dependent if I am 22 years old?
by Mimiko Sai  

Re: Age limit for children dependent visa? 2019/6/12 11:16
No, but are you sure that "Dependent" is the correct status for your situation? What does your parent do in Japan?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Age limit for children dependent visa? 2019/6/12 21:46
He is working at a company. He is COO of the company
by Mimiko Sai rate this post as useful

Re: Age limit for children dependent visa? 2019/6/12 21:49
He is computer enginee. Currently he is working in a company

Re: Age limit for children dependent visa? 2019/6/12 21:55
I am 22 but I am financially fully dependent on my parent. And now my parent wants me to come japan. My parent lives there since 2015
So can get the certificate of eligibility as dependen?

Re: Age limit for children dependent visa? 2019/6/12 22:12
No. "Dependent" status, by law, is only granted to spouses and unmarried minor children.

Re: Age limit for children dependent visa? 2019/6/12 22:20
Are you sure?

Re: Age limit for children dependent visa? 2019/6/12 22:24
My parent works in a company in Japan. I am 22 but I am financially fully dependent on my parent. And now my parent wants me to come in japan. My parent lives there since 2015.
So can get the certificate of eligibility as dependent? I went there when I was young. That time I went there as dependent. Then I came to my home country and I did not go Japan again so that my visa had expired. Now can I go Japan as dependent if I am financially fully dependent on my parent what if I am 22? Please tell me guys..

Re: Age limit for children dependent visa? 2019/6/12 23:45
Yes you can
by SoMa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Age limit for children dependent visa? 2019/6/13 09:17
If your parents want you to come over than they could contact immigration for the right process.
You could also contact immigration instead of putting your post in multiple other posts.

I keep repeating the same questions just take some action by yourself it is not that difficult.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Age limit for children dependent visa? 2019/6/13 11:07
My simple search came up with a reference for dependent unmarried child, and that there is not an age restriction/limit. Another reference discussed the lower chance of a visa being granted if the child is between 18 and 20. So it is not clear to me based on a 15 minute search.
Certainly at the CoE stage you are going to have to explain really clearly the situation and Immigration can easily deny the application. Perhaps get your parents to simply call an immigration lawyer to find out if they are wasting their and your time.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Age limit for children dependent visa? 2019/6/13 16:07
So you're telling me I can't get the COE as dependent if I am 22?

Re: Age limit for children dependent visa? 2019/6/13 19:36
Immigration will wonder why you were able to live apart from your family when you were younger and now that you are older you are so dependent on them that you need to live in Japan instead of continuing to live in the country where you are currently.

However best advise so far was to get to speak wit an immigration lawyer.

Re: Age limit for children dependent visa? 2019/6/13 21:02
Can a child (age: 22 yrs old) get COE and dependent visa?
by Mimiko Sai (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Age limit for children dependent visa? 2019/6/13 22:09
Just have your parent contact an immigration lawyer as previously suggested. They are the experts in this field- it is the obvious solution to your query.
by couldabeen rate this post as useful

Re: Age limit for children dependent visa? 2019/6/14 09:45
Asking the same question again and again here, on this forum, is not going to get you the actual answer. You can apply to immigration, but you might be wasting your time. That is why the advice is to talk to an expert, or at least do some real research into this matter yourself.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Age limit for children dependent visa? 2019/6/14 13:51
I think the only possible thing you could do is apply for a visa for visiting relatives which in this case are your parents. You just need the necessary documents like the invitation letter, residence certificate of your parents, and their income tax return and bank certificate in Japan.
by explorace27 rate this post as useful

Re: Age limit for children dependent visa? 2019/6/15 14:52
Mimiko sai, In children dependent visa there's no age limit required in Japan
Good luck
by .... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread