Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Another view of Mt Fuji 2019/6/13 16:51
We will stay for 6 nights in Tokyo in Oct and will use 2 days for Lake Kawaguchiko and Nikko day visits. Being based close to busy Kabuchiko in Shinjuku, we are considering a third day trip.

Hoping for suggestions or advice about whether to visit Hakone or Gotemba in addition to Lake Kawaguchiko. Besides Chureito Pagoda viewpoint, it seems Fuji Five Lakes is more flat than Hakone. I have seen some pictures taken from a Hakone viewpoint, containing wonderful vistas with mountain ranges etc., the top of Mt Fuji can be seen in the distant background.
I have also read about/seen wonderful views of Mt Fuji from various places throughout Gotemba.

As someone interested in landscape photography, we would appreciate advice on whether the scenery at Hakone makes it worthwhile as a separate day visit. Also interested in hearing more about Gotemba.
As a completely alternative option, how about Karuizawa instead (not for Mt Fuji of course).

Many thanks
by mynus  

Re: Another view of Mt Fuji 2019/6/13 19:17
For Fuji viewing you could also consider Enoshima.
There is no guarantee that you can actually see mt Fuji from any place. Obviously chances from Kawaguchiko are highest.

The advantage of Enoshima and also Hakone is that it is a nice destination even w/o w view on Mt. Fuji. Enoshima you can also combine with Kamakura and then head for sunset to Enoshima and hope for a pic like this:

http://bicycletraveljapan.blogspot.com/2018/08/tokyo-all-night-with-np...

Karuizawa is also a nice destination and specially in summer a bit cooler.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!

by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Another view of Mt Fuji 2019/6/13 21:14
Niho Beach, Shizuoka. But every place is dependent on the weather. The only place where I've seen Fujisan 100% of the time is flying near it to or from Hiroshima, Fukuoka, Osaka, Nagoya, Tottori, Okayama, etc.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Another view of Mt Fuji 2019/6/14 00:32

Niho Beach, Shizuoka.
Visited Niho Beach, Shizuoka a few months ago with a high expectation of viewing Mt Fuji, well, it was a total letdown. The Fujisan looks bigger and better from all the Niho Beach photos I have seen, realistically, it is far away, and thus "small" Fujisan, nothing close to what you could see in a clear day from Kawaguchiko.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Another view of Mt Fuji 2019/6/14 01:36
Viewing of Mt Fuji is highly dependent on the weather. On a very clear day, you can see it from the middle of Tokyo. Even from Lake Kawaguchi-ko the top is often shrouded in cloud. I went to Mishima Skywalk (a pedestrian suspension bridge famous for its view of Mt Fuji) and was able to see it when I crossed over to the other side, but on the way back it was lost in the haze. View from Hakone (Lake Ashi) is even more dependent on the weather.

Mishima Sky Walk
313 Sasahara Shinden, Mishima, Shizuoka 411-0012, Japan
+81 55-972-0084
https://goo.gl/maps/AvUvLy56qckz6JuQ7
by O92 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Another view of Mt Fuji 2019/6/14 02:16
Inamuragasaki Beach, Kanagawa.

Re: Another view of Mt Fuji 2019/6/14 07:52
There's a good view of Mt Fuji from the top of Mt Takao-you get a walk, a temple visit and a soak at the onsen in the station at the same time.

You can see it from Daikokufuto Central Park in Yokohama-and take photos including the city and bay from under the Bay Bridge.

Enjoy your time in Japan!
by Who? (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Another view of Mt Fuji 2019/6/14 08:04
Agree with Enoshima. The view of Fuji across the bay is really pretty, you also tend to get the hawks (tombe?) into shot sometimes, but the best chance of getting a picture is early morning.

On Karuizawa we have been 3 times and really like it. If you are looking at picture opportunities is is pretty enough but more a people watching place in town (especially lots of dogs in strollers). There is a walk to a lookout at the border of the prefectures which has spectacular views, and a nice shrine nearby.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Another view of Mt Fuji 2019/6/14 09:36
Shiraito falls - several vantage points for an excellent view of Mt. Fuji.

Stayed in a hotel in Fujinomiya, and had a view of Mt. Fuji from our hotel room.
by Green Tea Latte rate this post as useful

Re: Another view of Mt Fuji 2019/6/14 09:49
I think the raptors are Kites.

Re: Another view of Mt Fuji 2019/6/14 14:45
Regarding birds in Enoshima, arenft those seagulls?
At least on the pictures I have itfs them. But obviously there might be other birds as well.

by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Another view of Mt Fuji 2019/6/14 15:16

If you ever need to get into your spouse's account, improve credit points, clear criminal records,tax, protection from spyware or simply have a score to settle, hacking into Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp , kik etc or any other issues that need addressing, completely secure and fast!! You can message Cyberhacker55@outlook.com
by Laurel Jessica (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Another view of Mt Fuji 2019/6/14 17:03
Kawaguchiko lake is the best so far for me.
by bluesky3000 rate this post as useful

Re: Another view of Mt Fuji 2019/6/14 17:19
LikeBike, there are some gulls but the raptors (nice correction to an earlier poster, I think they are Kites but the Japanese call them Tombe) are absolutely prolific, they swarm in some places especially around the bridge and the cliffs near the lighthouse. I have seen (and filmed) dozens of them circling in the same area which is odd of course because birds of prey generally are solitary or in pairs.

In other parts of Japan (eg Takayama or Hikone) I have seen pairs and small groups in Karatsu, but in Enoshima they are out in force.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Another view of Mt Fuji 2019/6/15 11:48
Where to view Fuji https://info.jmc.or.jp/fujisankoko/#9/35.1639/138.7738
Enoshima makes for a nice day trip.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Another view of Mt Fuji 2019/6/15 12:32
Actually, despite the responses, and especially the last one - my original post was not seeking suggestions for WHERE to view Mt Fuji. Thanks anyway.
by mynus rate this post as useful

Re: Another view of Mt Fuji 2019/6/15 13:04
Contrary to what the title of your thread is?

Re: Another view of Mt Fuji 2019/6/15 13:25
Probably should have titled the thread Hakone or Gotemba, however it is clear from my post I was seeking feedback on those destinations, and furthermore I do not ask "where can I see Mt Fuji?"
by mynus rate this post as useful

reply to this thread