Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travel from Nikko to Skytree to Narita 2019/6/14 17:08
I will be buying the Nikko Free Pass from Asakusa. With the Nikko Free Pass, can I take the Tobu train from Nikko station to Tokyo Skytree station only, or can I alternatively take it to the Oshiage Skytree station?

How far apart are Tokyo Skytree and Oshiage Skytree stations? How long would it take to walk between the 2 with luggage?

When traveling to Narita Airport, do I take the Keisei Narita Sky Access train? Is it about 1hr? Where can I find the Keisei Narita Sky Access train schedule in English? My flight is at 5.55pm. Google Maps says there is a 2.20pm train. What are the other train timings?

Thanks very much!
by qfam  

Re: Travel from Nikko to Skytree to Narita 2019/6/14 22:19
Hi!

From what I am seeing, you must return to your departure Station if you are using a Tobu Pass.

http://www.tobu.co.jp/foreign/en/pass/twoday.html

So if you want to go back to SkyTree you need to purchase your departure from Skytree.

I pulled up Google Maps, on Tokyo Skytree Station vs. Oshiage Station and going by Google it's a 6 minute walk through the shopping center at the base of the Skytree. I've not personally been to Skytree, so I can't speak for the crowds in the shopping area.

I'm getting from Oshiage to Narita it's going to take anywhere from 1 hour to 70+ minutes and there are several transfers. Hyperdia is a great place to check for trains. Play around with times you need to leave and look at interval times for the trains you get. The fastest Skyliners don't stop at Oshiage so you might be better off going back to Asakusa and then going to Ueno to transfer to the Keisi line there.

Good luck!

by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Travel from Nikko to Skytree to Narita 2019/6/15 12:04
You could return to Asakusa and then just get the airport train from there.
Timetable http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/intervaltime.html?dep_node=ASAKUSA(T...

Looks like two trains per hour during the afternoon.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread