Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fujinomiya trail - July 7, 2019? 2019/6/18 01:58
Hello,
I would like to hike Mt. Fuji along the Fujinomiya trail on Sunday, July 7, 2019. Can you please tell me if the trail will be open? Will the mountain huts be open? Will I be able to reach the summit for sunrise on Monday, July 8?
Also, if I start on the Fujinomiya trail, will I be able to go to the Gotemba trail and stay in a mountain hut there to reach the summit?
Thank you for your time.
by Alicia (guest)  

Re: Fujinomiya trail - July 7, 2019? 2019/6/19 05:32
They always say the mountain trails open early July because weather is always a factor, in recent years the yoshida trail opens on July 1, but the other trails, including fujinomiya, didnft open until July 10. If the trails are open then the huts should be open too. It can take 4-7 hours to climb from the 5th station to the top but it all depends on the pace you climb. I would recommend a slow pace. If you want to stay at a hut, be aware that sleeping at high altitudes can cause altitude sickness. I stayed at a hut on the 8th station on the kawaguchko side and when I woke up I was very sick and almost missed sunrise on the summit. When you reach the summit you can walk around the crater and get to any of the other trails including gotemba. There are signs up there to help.
by Ryan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread