Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tea Farm Tour in late Dec/early Jan 2019/6/19 23:55
Hi everybody

I am a big fan of Japanese tea and will be going to Kansai area (Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe), Sanin and Chugoku area in Dec 2019/Jan 2020. Would really love to visit a tea farm to understand how green tea is made. Understand that my travel period is way past the harvesting season, but I am wondering if there is any farm that hosts visitors in this season?

I will be visiting Uji but I can't seem to find a place that hosts tours in winter. Any help is much appreciated.

by Karen Sun (guest)  

Re: Tea Farm Tour in late Dec/early Jan 2019/6/20 13:52
THis Farm here (first hit in google) has currently tours until 24/Dec:
https://www.dmatcha.com/book/tea-picking-tour/book

What I would expect is that a lot of places are closed between roughly 28/Dec to 4/Jan. If you stay only in that time window it might be challenging. If you have some days outside of that window, you should have a better chance. I would either just wait a few more months and search again (it might be simply too early for them to have their schedule already announced 6 months out). And/or to contact a few by email.

Enjoy your trip to Kansai!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread