Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Job resignation form 2019/6/21 21:22
I need to fill out a resignation form. Can you help me translate these to nihongo:

I'm resigning from my job because I want to look for other opportunities. Also, the pacing of the training period is too slow for me.

Are these resons okay, or is it offending? Please gelp me translate. Thanks is advance.
by Aria (guest)  

Re: Job resignation form 2019/6/23 14:11
I'm not sure if I understand the question.

Are you saying that you applied for the job on your own will and that you are already hired and that you need to fill out a "taishoku-negai", when your employer is going through all the trouble to make sure you become a trained worker, and without you ever contributing to the employer? If so, yes, your reasons would be offending.

And have you spoken to your employer about your reasons? If you have spoken to them, and they decided that there is nothing they can do at all to make things better, and they're not even paying you yet, I suppose you do want to offend them.

If you haven't spoken to them but decided you'd just resign out of the blue, then you'd be assumed as another arrogant newbie, and if you're foreign, you'd ruin the reputation of serious foreign workers.

Meanwhile, here are some examples on how to write taishoku-negai:
https://www.google.com/search?q=%E9%80%80%E8%81%B7%E9%A1%98%E3%81%AE%E...

You can also consult at Hellowork, if you have any problems you can't solve on your own.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Job resignation form 2019/6/24 20:18
"Hellowork" is not a place to consult about your problems with.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Job resignation form 2019/6/24 23:18
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Job resignation form 2019/6/26 08:48
The sentence by Uco,
"If you haven't spoken to them but decided you'd just resign out of the blue, then you'd be assumed as another arrogant newbie, and if you're foreign, you'd ruin the reputation of serious foreign workers."

is so true. This is why "Japanese" companies are worried to hire foreigners.
As you may noticed in Japan you start below the social ladder and you need to proof.

I am working 6 years for a Japanese pharma equipment company as the only non Japanese employee.
The first question I got was if I was intending to keep working and that I need to start as anyone else at the bottom. Now 6 years later I have people below me.

If it is a international company they can be used to the way you resign.

And yes Hello work you can consult and ask questions.
There is a support desk and or even phone number.

by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Job resignation form 2019/6/26 09:51
Hellowork, ハローワーク means a specialized office of labor ministry where you can check job offers (offers you can see there are not good ones there in general because companies can open the ad for free), they do unemployment insurance related stuff as well.
Offices that deal with labor problems aren't called Hellowork.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Job resignation form 2019/6/26 15:06
If you have to fill in a form in Japanese, the phrase that is usually used simply says “I will be resigning from this company as of (date) due to personal circumstances” as this is just a matter of formality (in Japanese companies). You don’t really have to state the specific reasons; if you do have some complaints, you raise them with your manager(s) and try to resolve them before you move to leave.

From the original question, I cannot tell if she/he is leaving right away during the initial training right after getting hired, so I will refrain from making any comments on that.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread