Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shipping to Japan (Coffee and Makeup) 2019/6/22 16:54
Hello, I have tried to find the answers online but I am seeing mixed answers... Am I able to ship ground coffee (Like tim hortons fine grind coffee) and makeup (eyeshadows/lipstick) to Japan? I am wanting to send my friend a gift but it is very hard to find answers anywhere.
by Maple (guest)  

Re: Shipping to Japan (Coffee and Makeup) 2019/6/23 13:52
Have you asked your local shipping company? They would know best, or at least better than anonymous internet users like me.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping to Japan (Coffee and Makeup) 2019/6/23 14:19
Ask at your post office - different countries have different rules for different destination countries :)
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping to Japan (Coffee and Makeup) 2019/6/24 15:47
I haven't posted coffee to Japan but I have taken multiple international flights into Japan, carrying around 1kg of ground coffee for a drip filter, various brands and never have the customs asked me about it, nor have I declared it as a specific item. Only on a couple of occasions have I had my bag opened , and never have they mentioned the coffee. It was obvious I had it, because of the aroma, so I see no reason to not package up the coffee you want to send your friend. You will have to declare it on the declaration form you attach to the parcel or box, along with the cost, but I'm certain there will be no problems. Same with makeup, its posted worldwide by Strawberry Net. There are issues with perfume being posted internationally though.
by Kersy rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping to Japan (Coffee and Makeup) 2019/6/25 00:37
I live in the US and shipped ground coffee to my niece in Kyushu last year. I used the US Postal Service. I filled out the customs declaration listing the contents and it arrived about 12-14 days later. I remember paying about $15 and was provided a tracking number. I don't see any reason why you could not also ship the cosmetics you describe since they are not liquids.
by sjvacc rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping to Japan (Coffee and Makeup) 2019/6/25 01:56
Coffee can be shipped to Japan, but may get tested by the customs. I bring lots of coffee as gifts from Kona, and they always test them (each bag or can) on the exterior surface of bags/cans by wiping with a clean cloth and chemically analyze that cloth. It takes less than 5 minutes.
by Konawaena (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread