Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itinerary Overview 2019/6/24 16:10
Hi there,

I plan a 28-day trip to Japan in October (traveling in a couple, the first time in Japan, more into urban and nature traveling, not so much into temples/shrines).
Below is estimated trip route in preliminary planning, any opinions will be thankful!

Land in Osaka

Day 1-3 Osaka
4-6 Kyoto (Temple lodging)
Kyoto > Hiroshima (train)
7-8 Hiroshima (1 night)
9 Hiroshima > Onomichi (train)
10-11 Shimanami Kaido bicycle route (Start Onomichi - Finish at Imabari, total 2 days)
12 Imabari > Fukuoka (bus/train)
13-18 Kyushu
19 Fukuoka > Komatsu (flight)
19-23 Japanese alps (with rented car)
23-28 Tokyo
29 Fly home

Thanks to all the helpers!

by haimke100  

Re: Itinerary Overview 2019/6/24 21:24
Lucky you! Good itinerary.

One idea that struck me was that maybe you might want to go from Imabari to Matsuyama, hav(beeter, IMHO) to the Beppu side of Kyushu, or (I think) to Kitakyushu.
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary Overview 2019/6/24 21:28
And if it were me, I wouldn't be able to resist a trip to the Imabari Towel Art Museum http://www.towelmuseum.com/

Re: Itinerary Overview 2019/6/25 17:58
No idea what happened to my first message.
I was trying to suggest that you might want to do onsen in Matsuyama after your bike ride, and then might consider a ferry onwards to Kyushu rather than going back to Honshu and taking the train.
There are, I think, 2 or 3 ferry options that take you to the west side of Kyushu, from where you could maybe do an anticlockwise circuit, ending in Fukuoka.

Re: Itinerary Overview 2019/6/25 19:17
Or do the bike ride first, then Matsuyama, then ferry to Hiroshima, then on to Kyushu.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread