Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Climb Mount Fuji in a day from Tokyo 2019/6/27 14:19
Ifm writing this because I couldnft find any information about climbing Mount Fuji in 1 day from Tokyo. Everything online describes a 2 day overnight trip on the mountain to catch the sunrise from the top of the mountain. Ifm sure itfs an amazing experience but we didnft have that kind of time. Herefs how we did it. (4 late forties guys in reasonable shape, trip occurred in late June)

- rent a car the night before, we rented from Toyota rent a car near Shinjuku (open till 10pm. ) International drivers license is required in Japan. Takes 5 minutes to procure before you fly to Japan.
- Leave at 5am next day. Easy if youfre jet lagged from the USA
- Arrive at Subaru 5th station around 8am and start climbing
- It took us 5 hours to reach the summit, 1 hour to circle the crater and 3 hours down. No special climbing gear needed. We saw trail runners climb in running shoes and hydration pack!
- Drive back to car rental by 8pm.
- Cost of car, gas, tolls, parking, etc. was about $250. Not super cheap but you get to tick off Mount Fuji!

Itfs a long day but very doable. Hope this helps!
by Vincent P  

Re: Climb Mount Fuji in a day from Tokyo 2019/6/28 01:18
Nice, Very nice!
Thanks for sharing this information! =D
by Karnalgas (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Climb Mount Fuji in a day from Tokyo 2019/7/2 08:59
Hi there, just curious if you had any trouble reaching the summit. I thought the submit was closed from the Yoshida trail due to storms creating a rock slide near the top.
by Joe (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Climb Mount Fuji in a day from Tokyo 2019/7/2 09:16
No problem as of 5 days ago, trail was open all the way to the summit
by Vincent P rate this post as useful

Re: Climb Mount Fuji in a day from Tokyo 2019/7/2 09:41
Thanks for the update! You really had no problems after the 8th station? The official website (http://www.fujisan-climb.jp/en/index.html) is claiming that this is blocked, and a couple of English language websites are reporting this as well. I'm planning on climbing the 11th using the Yoshida trail (reserved a bus ticket from Shinjuku), but I'm super nervous that it's not open now. Seems that alternative trails are way less convenient by public transport and I'm not planning on having access to a car while I'm there. Going to hold tight for now and hope it's open when I show up.
by Joe (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread