Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Nagoya Shoryudo Pass 2019/6/28 22:58
Hi I am planning a visit to Nagoya (2 days visit) soon and I will be arriving at Nagoya station through shinkansen. I read that I can purchase Shoryudo Nagoya Subway & Bus 1 Day Pass but I have a couple of questions:

1. Can I buy 2 at the counter for my 2 days visit? When will the validity starts?
2. I am unsure of the validity of the pass, can I travel on any subways/bus line? I will be visiting the Nagoya castle area on my first day and Nagashima resort on my second day. On my third day I will be going to the airport. Will the pass cover my Nagashima and airport trip?

Thank you.
by steven90  

Re: Nagoya Shoryudo Pass 2019/6/29 09:42
1. Can I buy 2 at the counter for my 2 days visit? When will the validity starts?
The website for the ticket says you can return unused tickets, so that implies you can buy two. On first use it will be when "validity" starts. As a one "DAY" pass, it is calendar day, not 24 hours, otherwise it would be called a 24-hour pass.

2. I am unsure of the validity of the pass, can I travel on any subways/bus line? I will be visiting the Nagoya castle area on my first day and Nagashima resort on my second day.
Nagoya Castle is pretty central - unless you are doing lots of trains/buses the pass is going to cost more than single tickets. As it is valid on subways, it is not valid on JR trains or other private railways.
https://www.kotsu.city.nagoya.jp/en/pc/SUBWAY/TRP0001067/TRF0011140.pd...
https://www.kotsu.city.nagoya.jp/pdf/bus/rosenzu/rosenzu_5.pdf

On my third day I will be going to the airport. Will the pass cover my Nagashima and airport trip?
You would need a third pass to use on day three. From Nagoya to the airport is not covered by the subway and is well outside Nagoya city so the city buses do not run that far.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Nagoya Shoryudo Pass 2019/6/29 12:05
Thanks for the reply. I think I am more aware now, just to confirm one thing. I will be staying near Nawa station, and please correct me if I am wrong. The Shoryudo Pass will not cover the full journey from Nawa to Nagoya (according to the subway map, its using the Meitetsu line and I don't see Meitetsu line in your link) and it will also not cover Nawa -> Chubu Airport. Is it correct?
by steven90 rate this post as useful

Re: Nagoya Shoryudo Pass 2019/6/30 08:58
A simple search would have told you Meitetsu Line is not covered - it is a different rail company.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread