Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

how a foreigner get job in tokyo? 2019/7/1 18:30
I got married to Japanese man, I got spouse visa.
I can understand 60% of conversation, I can speak but my japanese is limited and broken.
I would like to find job, but I am worried my japanese level is not good enough...
I am not looking for full time, just part-time is very enough for me.
I don't have any license, so part-time is what I want look for as of now.
Can you give me advices please?
by mils (guest)  

Re: how a foreigner get job in tokyo? 2019/7/1 21:40
You can contact hello work.
They give me job when I am in your situation.
by Ruhi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: how a foreigner get job in tokyo? 2019/7/1 23:33
Thanks for your reply.
What kind of part-time you could get?
by mils (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: how a foreigner get job in tokyo? 2019/7/2 21:58
Work in a food (vegetable) processing center. Many foreigners work there part time. The pay is about 800 yen and hour and you should be able to get travel pay. They pay on the 25th of the month and usually work with your country customs, like you don't like to work on Saturday. Sundays are usually closed so it is possible to have 2 days off. Working conditions are usually with no air condition and no very little heat in the winter in the rooms.
Good luck.
Best to team up with the foreigner exchange (npo) office near any major university. They will be able to help you also and may even provide a free bicycle for you.
by camper (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: how a foreigner get job in tokyo? 2019/7/3 22:43
Itfs better if you focus on studying Japanese and get JLPT N1 instead of working immediately, that will open you up to much more opportunities. If you focus every day, you can do it in a year or so.

Else you end you with jobs like above with low pay and bad conditions.
by Ddddf (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: how a foreigner get job in tokyo? 2019/7/4 07:01
I am studiying by myself but Sometimes I feel so lazy and tired that I stop for awhile.
I am already working, the job is not very good , but pay is not bad, around 1050yen per hour.
we are going to move to tokyo few weeks later so I was wondering if I have chance to find job in tokyo.
I think my japanese is not good enough, but I will try to study more.
At least I wish to get n3.
by mils (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread