Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hiroshima Yamaguchi Pass to Nagoya 2019/7/10 19:30
Hi I am travelling to Fukuoka, Hiroshima, Nagoya soon and I already purchase a Hiroshima Yamaguchi Area Pass to cover my shinkansen travel from Fukuoka to Hiroshima. Now I understand its a 5 days pass and I'll be travelling to Nagoya on my fifth day but I understand the pass only covers up until Mihara station.

So my question is, can I use my pass and purchase a separate ticket from Mihara to Nagoya directly at Hiroshima station (since Hiroshima to Mihara is covered by the pass) then I'll just take a shinkansen all the way from Hiroshima to Nagoya. Is such "combination" allowed as opposed by buying a one-way ticket from Hiroshima to Nagoya which costs more.
by steven90  

Re: Hiroshima Yamaguchi Pass to Nagoya 2019/7/11 10:48
Yes, you can do that. I don't know if there will be issues when you insert the ticket at Nagoya. If I were you, I'd reserve a seat fro Hiroshima to Mihara and buy a ticket from Mihara to Nagoya on the same train. If anything goes wrong, just show the person at the manned gate both tickets and the pass.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread