Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sim Card at Narita 2019/7/11 03:43
Hello! Can anyone help us understand the method to getting a SIM card for use during our Tokyo trip at Narita Airport?
by valdezja  

Re: Sim Card at Narita 2019/7/11 19:55
hi,

Allot of people wont reply on the Sim card thread, not sure why, I also a while ago posted something and nobody replied, but I did some digging myself on the net, Narita have Sim card Vending Machines where u can buy them directly from the machines, and the deals don't seem very bad.

I will be visiting Tokyo in November, and have decided to go with the U mobile option they give you 200Mb per day for either 7days or 15 days, I think the 7days Option is 2500Y and the 15 days is 4000Y.

this is the only one that stood out to me when doing research, but im sure there are many other options apart from the sim card vending machines.

hope you manage to get something when you arrive in Tokyo
by Frankie (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sim Card at Narita 2019/7/11 21:00
Allot of people wont reply on the Sim card thread, not sure why

Because there are a zillion threads about SIM cards already and everything there is to say has been said.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sim Card at Narita 2019/7/12 07:28
Hi, valdezja. I'm a Japanese working in Tokyo for over a decade.

Let me propose some.

Article like this might help you to understand the method to getting a SIM card. When you have a spare time, just read it.

Comprehensive Lists of Prepaid SIM Cards Sold at Convenience Stores at Narita Airport
https://pocketwifi.me/sim/989

By the way, I totally agree with this line;
im sure there are many other options apart from the sim card vending machines.

Other options might include renting a pocket WiFi router, which might be better than buying a SIM card in some perspectives.

About renting a pocket WiFi router at Narita, how about this article?

Which Is The Best Option to Rent A Pocket WiFi at Narita Airport (Chiba)?
https://pocketwifi.me/wifi/1238

Hope you'll have wonderful experience in Japan.
by Gatigati rate this post as useful

Re: Sim Card at Narita 2019/7/12 09:14
Thank you Gatigati!

This was very informative and helpful!
by valdezja rate this post as useful

reply to this thread