Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

It's raining in Tokyo: alternatives? 2019/7/12 10:49
Its raining in Tokyo and I guess across Japan , we cancelled our trip to Mount Fuji , please give us a good alternate plan for this weekend
by Weekend plans (guest)  

Re: It's raining in Tokyo: alternatives? 2019/7/12 15:41
If it's only drizzling, then Nikko can be atmospheric with an umbrella. Plus - it's a lot cooler than Tokyo in temperature
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: It's raining in Tokyo: alternatives? 2019/7/12 15:42
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: It's raining in Tokyo: alternatives? 2019/7/12 15:49
by pirataurbano rate this post as useful

Re: It's raining in Tokyo: alternatives? 2019/7/12 18:13
The heavier the rain, the better to visit an amusement park XD; We went to USJ in 2018 on a super rainy day and could ride Harry Potter 5x. We also had good luck in Tokyo Disney in the rain in 2017.

If you want something more cultural, if the hydrangeas are still in bloom, Hakone and Kamakura should be beautiful and rain keeps down the crowds. I too would consider Nikko.

We did some crafts in Kyoto this trip which was quite a bit of fun and I expect Tokyo offers those as well.

You're lucky, we just got back from Japan and were expecting rain and instead it was super hot and sunny for more than a week in Kansai. Heck, we even managed to hit Tokyo for the 5 days where there was no more than a drizzle.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: It's raining in Tokyo: alternatives? 2019/7/12 18:15
Umbrella.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: It's raining in Tokyo: alternatives? 2019/7/12 18:58
How about a trip to a nice hot onsen, such as in Hakone where you would still be close to Mt. Fuji. I'm freezing here in Greater Tokyo and finally turning my heater on!
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: It's raining in Tokyo: alternatives? 2019/7/14 08:37
Umbrella - lots of people still out and about in my neighbourhood.

In the city, Edo Museum is very good in Ryogoku. You could visit the JR East train museum near Omiya. Venus Fort mall in Odaiba if you need a spot of shopping. There are a lot of indoor things to do - depends on your interests.

Do you have a rail pass? Then some of the other locations out of Tokyo become potentials
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: It's raining in Tokyo: alternatives? 2019/7/14 14:38
If you don't want to travel, there are many good museums and aquariums.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread