Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Finalising 12 days in Japan 2019/7/12 19:06
Hi
We are visiting Japan for the first time (dec24th to 6th Jan). so far we have come up with rough plan below.

1) 24th landing Narita and stay close to Disneyland

2) 25, 26, 27th Dec visiting Disneyland and Disney sea (3 days pass)

2a) do you think 3 days may be too many Or can we cover in two days.

2b) is it better to stay close to Disney, or travel from Tokyo?

3) 27th come to Tokyo and stay there for 4 nights and checkout on 31st

3a) shall we checkout on 31st from Tokyo and stay in Hakone or just do a day tour to Hakone and get the glimpse of Fuji mountain and come back to Tokyo

4) on 1st Jan departing for Kyoto or Osaka for 5days. we are looking to stay at one place only either kyoto or osaka.

4a) is it worth going to universal studios in osaka?

i believe we need solid couple of days in kyoto. not sure what else in osaka aprt from universal studios

4b) Is Nara should be covered as well ?

5) on 5th jan evening leave kyoto/ osaka and come back to tokyo or stay close to Narita as we are leaving on 6th morning

OR
Can we start our trip from the other way round like on 24th go straight to Kyoto/Osaka stay there for 4-5 nights, on 29th or 30th come to tokyo & finally last 3 days Disney.

can you please give us your feedback or help us to improve so that we can make this memorable trip.

Thank you.
by Asrp  

Re: Finalising 12 days in Japan 2019/7/13 12:24
I would switch the itinerary so you are not traveling long distances on the 31th dec and 1st jan.

Also remember a few museums and attractions are closed over the new years break. Do your homework.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Finalising 12 days in Japan 2019/7/14 01:41
Hi!

Honestly, I would look at a crowd calendar and get some idea of which days are less crowded in Disney.

http://www15.plala.or.jp/gcap/disney/

Going by the calendar you would have to pay me to go to Disney on the 30th and 31st. It's going to be a mob scene. The lines build very very quickly and the parks are just a wall of people. I am not trying to discourage you, but I would pick whatever days are the least crowded to be my Disney days.

I like USJ. It depends on if you like theme parks and what you like to do in theme parks. I was spoiled in 2018 when I visited because it was pouring rain, so Harry Potter was a walk on ride. The lines can get very long at USJ. It also has a crowd calendar.

How long it takes you at the theme parks depends on what you are trying to accomplish. We went to Sea on June 27th. We were staying on property so had 15 minute early entry. We got to the line to get in around 8:00 am, maybe earlier and then had to wait a lot and we were no where close to the front. We got in early, and went straight to Tower of Terror, then went to Journey and got a FP for it as well. After our first ride on Journey we went on Nemo, then our second on Journey and then had to waste time going back to our hotel to check out. (lesson here: the character breakfast at 7:00 am was not worth it, checking out early would have been better.) We went back to the park close to noon, had our lunch and then did Aquatopia, then the single rider for the two Indy rides, and then wandered around the rest of the park. We didn't do Toy Story Mania, the line was insane and we've done it plenty of other times. By noon most FPs were gone and we were there on a yellow day. We left the park around 7ish? I was Disneyed out and everything had long lines.

When lines are long you won't accomplish as much and you might need 3 days.

I stay on property when I am going to Disney. Those 15 minutes of early entry make a huge difference even if you don't want to go on a ride that is early entry. It lets you get in position to get an early FP and get on a ride before the line builds. If I was on a budget, I would try the budget Disney property. If you're staying in Tokyo, stay somewhere with a short trip to TDR use Hyperdia, but remember a transfer in Tokyo Station will take longer than you think because the Keiyo line is in a funky location. If the parks open at 8, you want to be at the parks at 7 cause there will be a line already.

Good luck!
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Finalising 12 days in Japan 2019/7/16 16:33
Thank you for your feedback & comments.

We are switching the itinerary, going straight to Osaka on 24th.

Stay in Osaka for 4 nights.
on 29th head back to Tokyo.
on 2nd Jan evening move to hotel near Disney
3rd to 5th Disney time
6th leave Tokyo.

so the next question is can anyone please help what major things to see in Osaka & Kyoto as we have 5 days.

Any recommendations for 4 days in Tokyo please.

Thanks Ash
by Asrp rate this post as useful

reply to this thread