Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Aomori/Hirosaki/Hakodate 2019/7/17 13:25
Hi!

I just wanted to gather some thoughts about visiting Aomori/Hirosaki/Hakodate in the Winter.

I was thinking of spending:
3 Nights - Aomori (Hirosaki Day Trip from here)
1 Night - Hakodate

I would do this on my way from Sendai to Sapporo.
However, if Aomori/Hirosaki/Hakodate are uninteresting/not worth visiting in the winter... I would probably try to commute directly from Sendai to Sapporo.

Any thoughts would be great! :)
by MF4927  

Re: Aomori/Hirosaki/Hakodate 2019/7/17 15:46
My friends and I enjoyed the stove train one winter on the way to Hokkaido when Shinkansen ended in Shin-Aomori those days https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/japan-winter-stove-train-tsugar...
by CDY (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Aomori/Hirosaki/Hakodate 2019/7/17 15:53
Are those places interesting in winter? It depends. Do you like snow?

Note that some of the "hot" places in the area are either closed (like the Bodai-ji on Osorezan) or not served by public transport (like lake Towada). Other than those, it's exactly the same as it is the rest of the year, except the snow.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Aomori/Hirosaki/Hakodate 2019/7/18 09:03
I usually do two nights in Aomori and in winter some of the places to visit get closed due to snow. certainly enough interesting things to look at - not sure about three nights. You could detour via Akita for one night and then get the resort train around the coast via Gono line.
I find an over-night in Hakodate enough for me.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Aomori/Hirosaki/Hakodate 2019/7/19 02:54
I would spend more time in Hakodate than in Aomori. Hakodate seems a charming city to me!

I really enjoyed Hirosaki too, but I've been there in Autumn. Aomori seems nice, the problem is that I just spend few hours walking nearby Aomori Sta. and eating at Nokkedon.
by taskkill (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread