Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Asking about Unemployment Benefits 2019/7/24 16:13
Hello,
I would like to ask about unemployment Benefits ŽΈ‹Ζ•ΫŒ― in Japan.
I have been working in a Japanese company as a full time part time worker and paying unemployment insurance regularly over 5 years. Unfortunately, the company will have to end my contract next month due to 5 years working rule 5˜J“­Œ_–ρ‚ΜπŒB
I want to take this break simply to get an online degree and develop more skills. So, I think taking a break from work at least three months help me greatly in finding a better job in the future.
Here are the questions:
1) am I eligible to ask for unemployment Benefits even if I was full time part time worker?
2) am I going to get the benefit next month after my company terminate my contract due to 5 years rule?
3) what is the maximum length I could benefit from the unemployment benefits?
4) when taking the unemployment benefits, how many times do you go to hall-work? will they force me to go through job interviews? any explanation is highly appreciated. Thank you.
by Guest101 (guest)  

Re: Asking about Unemployment Benefits 2019/7/24 17:37
First you then have to prove that your circumstances warrant these payments.
At the Hello Work office, they want applicants to prove that they are looking for work and are sending out job applications (at least 2 a month)
Itfs important to remember that the insurance is designed to help those who are between jobs and not those who are unemployed for long stretches of time

If your contract came to an end and a new contract was never offered, then you need to show them an email or a letter showing that you asked to be re-contracted to prove that you wanted to continue working. If you quit your job, then it will take longer to process your claim as you chose not to work.

So if you eligible is depending on how you are leaving your work. Also you have to keep searching for work. This benefit is not to get money and relax at home.

You may receive from 50 to 80 percent of your previous salary. But since you only worked 5 years it can be less or shorter.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Asking about Unemployment Benefits 2019/7/24 20:32
First of all, I think your company's administration should be able to answer most if not all of your questions. Meanwhile, I wonder if you might fit into the new ‹³ˆηŒP—ϋ‹‹•t§“x in which the government would financially support workers, or those who recently resigned from work, to gain skills for future work.
https://doda.jp/careercompass/compassnews/20180105-35443.html

As for attending Hello Work, my understanding is that you need to visit them once a month, and you'll be getting your first payment about a month after your first application for the benefits. I don't think they can force you to interview employers-to-be if you can't find any job offers that suit your needs. But, of course, if you happen to be lucky enough to find a job, either through Hello Work or on your own, while still studying the skills, you need to give up the remaining benefits.

This is just for reference:
https://tenshoku-web.jp/shitsugyouhoken/
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Asking about Unemployment Benefits 2019/7/24 21:44
I think your situation is in regular unemployment. you will have a grace period of 3 months to get a benefit.
when you have an ordinary working status as a foreigner, you need to find a new job (probably within 3 months) to keep your working status. please be noted that your working status is not valid until the expiry date.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread