Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Post bank account 2019/7/26 19:54
How can i pay to a japan post bank account through atm
by Jackyychan  

Re: Post bank account 2019/7/27 07:59
What kind of payment? In cash or from your own account? If from your own account, is it also at JP or at another bank?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Post bank account 2019/7/27 08:14
Payment is in cash because i dont have any card and the recipient is a jp bank account
by Jackyychan rate this post as useful

Re: Post bank account 2019/7/27 08:39
The simplest way would be to do a standard 振り込み from an ATM of a bank other than JP, but the handling fees may be relatively high.

Using a JP ATM may result in lower fees but is more complicated. See https://www.jp-bank.japanpost.jp/tetuzuki/sokin/tzk_sk_haraikomi.html

Re: Post bank account 2019/7/27 08:45
So its possible to use different atm other than jp post? Is it applicable to all atm?
by Jackyychan rate this post as useful

Re: Post bank account 2019/7/27 08:54
Some banks don't allow 振り込み by cash, but I think most major banks do.

Note also that it is limited to 100,000 yen per transfer.

Re: Post bank account 2019/7/27 08:55
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Post bank account 2019/7/27 09:01
What the links above do not say is that using a JP ATM requires the recipient to have a 振替口座, which not everyone does.

Re: Post bank account 2019/7/27 09:08
They also don't say clearly how to fill the payment form (probably in their case the payer gets a pre-filled form). If you make a mistake filling the form, the transfer fails and the money is lost. Doing a 振り込み from another bank's ATM does not require a form (you enter the recipient's information on the ATM, and you can confirm it's all correct before sending the transfer).

reply to this thread