Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

1 day for Korankei and Obara Shikizakura? 2019/7/31 15:06
Hello friends,

I am planning my autumn trip. Visiting Korankei and Obara Shikizakura in late Nov will be one of the highlights.

I am going from Nagoya station to Obara Shikizakura at first and hope to reach there before noon, go around for some hours, and take bus to Korankei. The traffic to Obara seems less busy than to Korankei, and Korankei has lighting up in the evening. That's reason I plan.

My question is: is it too packed for one day? After enjoying the lighting up in Korankei, I will take bus to go back to Nagoya. My feeling is that it will be better if I can stay one night in Korankei (?), but the hostel seems very limited in there.

How do you think about my plan? Any suggestion about the hostel?

Thanks for your support.
by lnkhang  

Re: 1 day for Korankei and Obara Shikizakura? 2019/8/2 22:29
Anyone help?
by lnkhang rate this post as useful

Re: 1 day for Korankei and Obara Shikizakura? 2019/8/3 17:08
Here's sample itinerary for your tour from Nagoya as below:

E Meitestsu Nagoya Station(9:33)¨Toyotashi Station(10:29) by Meitetsu Railway
E Toyotashi Bus Stop(10:40)¨Obara-Okusa Bus Stop(11:48) by Toyota-oiden Bus
E Obara-Fureaikoen(14:10 for weekday;14:30 for weekend)¨Korankei(15:00 for weekday;15:20 for weekend) by Korankei-Obara-Shikisakura Bus from November 10 to 30(This bus time table is based on 2019, however there should be same bus service during the season)
E Korankei Bus Stop(20:42)¨Toyotashi Bus Stop(21:28) by Meitetsu Bus
EToyotashi Station(21:45)¨Meitetsu Nagoya Station(22:38) by Meitetsu Railway

Please be noted that there may be slight changes in time tables after October.

by Hirohiroboy rate this post as useful

Re: 1 day for Korankei and Obara Shikizakura? 2019/8/3 17:55
Thanks a lot, @Hirohiroboy.

Could you give me some advices about possible hostels/hotel close to Obara or Korankei? My feeling is that 2 hours in Obara is too short.

Thanks again.

Re: 1 day for Korankei and Obara Shikizakura? 2019/8/3 23:05
I've been there last year during the season. Two hours in Obara is enough to enjoy viewing Shikizakura(Four Seasons Cherry Blossoms).
There is another bus from Obara-fureaikoen to Korankei departing at 16:00 for weekends only.

Re: 1 day for Korankei and Obara Shikizakura? 2019/8/10 16:32
Thanks a lot again, @Hirohiroboy

I am more confident after your sharing.

Re: 1 day for Korankei and Obara Shikizakura? 2019/8/19 13:20
Wow great info
is there any earlier bus back from korankei to toyotashi station? Around 7PM maybe, Because i need catch shinkansen kodama (22.17 last kodama train based on hyperdia) back to shin-osaka that night.
Thanks for the info
by setiawanlucky rate this post as useful

Re: 1 day for Korankei and Obara Shikizakura? 2019/8/20 21:22
Here's time table in compliance with your above request:

E Korankei Bus Stop(18:42)¨Toyotashi Bus Stop(19:28) by Meitetsu Bus
EToyotashi Station(19:45)¨(20:10)Chiryu Station(20:17)¨Meitetsu Nagoya Station(20:38) by Meitetsu Railway

Re: 1 day for Korankei and Obara Shikizakura? 2019/8/21 18:05
Thanks hirohiroboy, 1 more question, is it usually will be traffic jam on the way back from korankei? Im just afraid that i will missed the train
by setiawanlucky rate this post as useful

Re: 1 day for Korankei and Obara Shikizakura? 2019/8/25 18:01
@setiawanlucky: as the answer above, the day trip is doable. In autumn, it is always traffic jam to this famous place.

Re: 1 day for Korankei and Obara Shikizakura? 2019/8/27 17:00
I'm sorry to tell you but not only the traffic jam but also very long lining up at the bus stop may be expected during that season.
You may better consider stay over night around there.

Re: 1 day for Korankei and Obara Shikizakura? 2019/8/28 22:07
Great info, thanks!
I do have a couple questions on the above:-
1. I noticed that most tours only begins from 10 November onwards. Does that mean there will be less crowd before 10 November? I'm assuming that it is because the autunm colours will only reach its peak after 10 November, if that is so is it still worth going during 01-09 November?
2. Will there be night illumination during this period 01-09 November?
by Daniel L (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 1 day for Korankei and Obara Shikizakura? 2019/8/28 22:26
Great info, thanks!
I do have a couple questions on the above:-
1. I noticed that most tours only begins from 10 November onwards. Does that mean there will be less crowd before 10 November? I'm assuming that it is because the autunm colours will only reach its peak after 10 November, if that is so is it still worth going during 01-09 November?
2. Will there be night illumination during this period 01-09 November?
by Daniel L (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 1 day for Korankei and Obara Shikizakura? 2019/9/1 19:02
@ Daniel L (guest)

if yo visit the guidance page for autumn in Japan Guides, it will be noticed that it's not ideal time for autumn Kyoto.

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2014_where.html

Re: 1 day for Korankei and Obara Shikizakura? 2019/9/1 22:20
Light up will be held from November 1 thru 30 at Korankei.
The best season for autumn leaves differs every year depending on the weather condition.
However the middle of November thru the end of November is best viewing period around Korankei area.
Regarding overall information about Korankei, please refer to the website below:
http://asuke.info/view/shizen/entry-56.html

Re: 1 day for Korankei and Obara Shikizakura? 2019/10/19 15:06
Hi, I am researching about autumn viewing around Nagoya and found this: https://www.tourismtoyota.jp/en/columns/detail/3/

They have updated the list of available buses & timings there for 2019.
Hope it helps!

I am actually contemplating between going to Obara Shikizakura only or also going to Korankei? Because I have to be back in Nagoya station by 5.30pm as I am leaving for Kyoto that evening itself.
by Fidellele rate this post as useful

Re: 1 day for Korankei and Obara Shikizakura? 2019/10/19 15:15
I suddenly saw "SENMI SHIKIZAKURA NO SATO" as another destination for people to see the Shikizkaura (Winter Cherry Blossom). So is it a different park from Obara Furaei Park? If so, may I ask your opinion, which one is better to visit?
by Fidellele rate this post as useful

Re: 1 day for Korankei and Obara Shikizakura? 2019/10/26 19:58
Obara Fureaino Sato and Senmi Shikisakuranosato are very close each other.
You can get off at Obara Okusa Bus Stop to go to Obara Fureai Park; get off at Kaminigi to go to Senmi Shikisakuranosato.
It takes 6 minutes from Obara Okusa Bus Stop to Kaminigi Bus Stop.
You may walk up to Senmi Shikisakuranosato from Obara Fureai Park.
You can see more Shikisakura at Senmi Shikisakuranosato than Obara Fureai Park.

Re: 1 day for Korankei and Obara Shikizakura? 2019/11/22 09:23
Hi all,

For those who watched this thread, I have done the exact itinerary yesterday. Obara and Korankei were wonderful. The travel by bus was extremely time-comsumed, but it was worth. Especially, the bus from Korankei back to Nagoya was very tired since the bus usually delayed with the very very long line of people waiting. I had to stand in the line almost 1 hour for waiting. It was very cold and windy, so standing at the bus station for so long was tired. Good luck!

Re: 1 day for Korankei and Obara Shikizakura? 2019/11/24 22:26
Hi! Does anyone know if the bus operates after November and what's the schedule for it? I'm planning to travel to go to Korankei & Obara Shikizakura on 3 Dec, and all the schedules posted online are only for November. Thank you!
by Q (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread