Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Check my translation 2019/8/4 21:31
業績の悪化 風評被害 迫られる社内改革

What I have is: Due to the rumors, performance deteriorated. The company took a big financial hit and had to go under radical overhaul.

Now that I think about it more carefully, it could probably be changed to
"Having suffered massive financial loss from the rumors and their performance deteriorated, the company was forced to undergo a radical overhaul.

Still sounds too unnatural? :P
by Noob Translator (guest)  

Re: Check my translation 2019/8/5 13:51
To me those look like just phrases or like newspaper headline, rather than one sentence. Of course those are (probably) referring to one business/company, so those are related, but not necessarily in the order you put them together.

- Deteriorating performance; suffering from (unfounded) rumors; imminent needs for internal reform

…is what I would say.
The third part is saying that the company is faced with the need to undergo changes internally, not that it did.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Check my translation 2019/8/5 20:11
Well, if it helps, this is from a manga. The MC was talking to himself about his own company's past.
by OP Noob (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Check my translation 2019/8/14 07:55
It sounds like the speaker is ticking off a list. It's certainly not a cohesive narrative like your translation, so it's not clear how those items relate. I concur with AK, except that there's nothing that says if the reforms were needed or not - one might infer it given the poor performance and rumors, but if, say, this is a list of problems, an ill-advised restructuring might be seen as yet another headache.
by gfoulk rate this post as useful

Re: Check my translation 2019/8/14 19:55
Gfloulk,

To me the 迫られる社内改革 points to a much-needed reform, as the company is “urged” to do “internal reform,” so I translated that as “need for…”

by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread