Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Running in the early morning in Tokyo 2019/8/9 18:22
Hi! I just recently moved to Tokyo for school and I want to go running early in the morning, around 4:30 to 5 AM. Do you think itfs safe at that time to go by myself? Ifm a woman in my early 20s.
Do you have any suggestions for safety precautions I can take or something I should bring with me, like pepper spray? Thanks so much!
by Ollie (guest)  

Re: Running in the early morning in Tokyo 2019/8/10 15:03
I think you would be completely safe at that time of day. There are exceptions I know but Japan is generally a very safe place. The only thing I think you would need to take are your passport or residence card. I don't know where you are but there are always runners in the morning at Yoyogi park & the Imperial palace if you wanted company. https://www.meetup.com/topics/running/jp/tokyo/
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Running in the early morning in Tokyo 2019/8/11 03:32
Pepper spray actually might be an illegal weapon in Japan.
I have lived in Tokyo for about 3 yrs and the cycled alone for 2 months through Japan. I am a woman in my 40s and never felt in danger in any place. Nor have I actually been in danger.
I am not an early morning person, but more of a night owl. So walking alone back from somewhere at or after midnight is more in character for me. But I canft imagine that at 4:30 am all the mass murders are walking on the loose while at midnight they are sleeping their beauty sleep.

Enjoy your life in Tokyo!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread