Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Should OPs post outcomes of their trips? 2019/8/14 14:10
I guess I'm curious, but I wonder what happens to OPs on their trips, whether the advice given was spot on and helpful. Knowing the incidents and results of their trips might be interesting. Maybe they can post a follow up.
by nealson  

Re: Should OPs post outcomes of their trips? 2019/8/14 17:10
Some come back to say thanks, some others just mention their experience as part of their responses to later threads related to their travel experiences, and some others might post trip reportsc
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Should OPs post outcomes of their trips? 2019/8/15 11:15
i agree with AK
by Visitor (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should OPs post outcomes of their trips? 2019/8/19 19:24
I have always tried to give a trip report or feedback, usually at the end of the thread where i asked information.
I hope my questions have been those that are not mentioned under the guides of cities and regions.
IMHO the general info about sights has grown quite lot compared to the 2008 when i started to look information from this forum with the exception being Niigata city - for some reason it does not have an entry at all...

Best regards to the all-stars in this forum (not mentioning any names, because i might forget somebody) whose knowhow have made my trips memorable.

Lauri
by Lauriandres (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should OPs post outcomes of their trips? 2019/8/20 03:04
People can do what they want. What's the point of this thread?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should OPs post outcomes of their trips? 2019/8/20 05:43
Curiosity perhaps, ...(guest)?
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Should OPs post outcomes of their trips? 2019/8/20 16:47
.. Guest:

IMHO it is just polite or nice gesture, if you give feedback about your trips. Even if you do not want to do it 100% ( a la posting a ultra detailed trip report), then even 1 % might be helpful to other users in the future specially if you had an out-of-the-box route.
Otherwise sooner or later the more knowledgeable members might go in a bad mood :-), find something better to do and not answer difficult questions, because anyway, most of the threads start with a questions similar to "What should i do in Japan, i have no ideas at all" or "How to go from Tokyo Station to Kyoto Station? Should i buy a JR Pass for that" etc etc. That shows that a lot of people are lazy enough to do even a basic research on this site.

BR,
Lauri
by Lauriandres (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should OPs post outcomes of their trips? 2019/8/20 18:33
Hi Nealson.

Have you thought of writing a short User Report on Japan Guide?

This way - people will more easily be able to learn from your experiences and it even comes up via google search more often.

If you don't have the time - then I understand.

I've personally written a reasonable number of reports but have also learnt heaps from other peoples user reports as well.

Just my 2 cents....
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Should OPs post outcomes of their trips? 2019/8/20 23:33
@Mfedley, I love your reports. So thank you for writing them.

I admit, I tend to comment and give feedback here a lot, and back when I first started going to Japan I use to write trip reports (on my own personal website) as well as sharing maps and directions, but between taking more trips to Japan and then having a kid, it's hard to really find the time.

I do always appreciate hearing from people on whether their trip and the advice here worked out. It feels wonderful to be able to actually help someone.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Should OPs post outcomes of their trips? 2019/8/22 01:15
as a newbie to this forum, I would just look at questions and answers that would pertain to my upcoming trips. I've recently started to reply to some questions and it was like reponding to a friend asking for advice/ideas for his or her trip. So when a friend completes a trip, I would want to know how things went. So I just wanted OPs to post a follow up at the end of their trips.
As for trip reports, I never knew of these. Maybe I'll do a few.
Thanks for listening and chiming in.
by nealson rate this post as useful

Re: Should OPs post outcomes of their trips? 2019/8/27 15:31
I think it's probably only needed if the OP encountered anything in addition to what was suggested, be it positives, negatives or tips for future travellers. That sort of feedback is always useful.

I don't post much anymore due to lack of time but also a lot of boredom by finding the same repetitive questions being asked instead of users conducting a search first. I have previously raised this with Stefan but yeah, these threads are still published constantly. It gives the newer users an opportunity to answer them I suppose. Not me though. I don't have the patience and I don't want to be rude to them.
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread