Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Reserving a tokaido shinkansen at Narita? 2019/8/15 06:04
I will arrive at Narita airport at 19:00. Then i need to buy 2 different tickets at the airport. One from terminal1 to Shinagawa station using the NEX train tonight, Then a tokaido shinkansen from Shinagawa to Kyoto the next day in the very early morning. From where can i buy those two tickets?
Also, Can i buy a round trip tickets for the NEX and the shinkansen since I will return back in less than one week?
My problem is that I will arrive late in Narita and the information helpdesk services might be closed.
by Saka (guest)  

Re: Reserving a tokaido shinkansen at Narita? 2019/8/15 10:42

Would recommend JR Pass for your trip:
http://www.japanrailpass.net/en/about_jrp.html
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Reserving a tokaido shinkansen at Narita? 2019/8/15 12:39
Ticket counter/window is still open.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Reserving a tokaido shinkansen at Narita? 2019/8/15 15:34
And from the ticket counter window at Narita airport i can buy a Nozomi from shinagawa to kyoto?
by Saka (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Reserving a tokaido shinkansen at Narita? 2019/8/15 15:47
Yes
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Reserving a tokaido shinkansen at Narita? 2019/8/15 18:13
And is the ticket counter open till 10:00 PM? And is it crowded?

Re: Reserving a tokaido shinkansen at Narita? 2019/8/16 02:03
I think the ticket counter in Terminal 2 closes at 10 PM. You can make some reservations with JR East online at:

https://www.eki-net.com/pc/jreast-shinkansen-reservation/English/wb/co...

According to Hyperdia.com, the last NEX for Tokyo/Shinagawa departs at 21:46. If you're worried about your 19:00 arrival time being delayed, why not stay near Narita Airport on Night 1 and take an early morning NEX to Tokyo and then a Shinkansen to Kyoto to avoid the nighttime rush?
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Reserving a tokaido shinkansen at Narita? 2019/8/16 03:40
You can buy your tickets also at a ticket machine. Including the Nozomi ticket to Kyoto. You could even just buy that the next morning, or buy it in Shinagawa after you arrive there, if you are pressed for time at Narita.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Reserving a tokaido shinkansen at Narita? 2019/8/16 08:37
19:00 arrival at Narita is not late.
Get the 4,000 yen round trip N'Ex ticket and your two shinkansen tickets for Tokyo-Kyoto return. roughly 28,000 yen for reserved seating or 26,000 yen non-reserved.
This is slightly higher than the 29,110 yen cost of the 7-day rail pass. That is seven calendar days from first use - you say your return is less than one week, so that is an option.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Reserving a tokaido shinkansen at Narita? 2019/8/16 14:57
Many thanks for all your answers.
And those round trip tickets are doable from the ticketing machines? Or should be from the ticket office?

Re: Reserving a tokaido shinkansen at Narita? 2019/8/16 15:05
Round trip ticket is from ticket office/service center only. You need to show your non-Japanese passport.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread