Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Late arrival at Narita Airport 2019/8/16 06:40
Hello,

My boyfriend and I will arrive on a saturday at Narita at 8.50pm (terminal 2). We have already booked a hotel (but can still cancel it) in Asakusa and were planning to take the Keisei/Keikyu Narita-Haneda Limited Express (Access express) to Asakusa station. I saw that the last train leaves at 11pm.

Do we have enough time get our luggage and to go through customs etc and catch this train or should we play it safe and stay at an airport hotel (eg Nine hours at terminal 2)?

many thanks!
Sue
by Susanne (guest)  

Re: Late arrival at Narita Airport 2019/8/16 13:07
That is ordinarily enough time and you don't need to rush. There's always the chance of a flight delay or other unforeseen circumstance though, and while unlikely, there are no guarantees.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Late arrival at Narita Airport 2019/8/16 15:10
One of the advantages of those late flights is that the airport is very quiet and there are less people around to slow things down. 40 minutes to an hour would be pretty normal from landing to trying to find the basement level and the trains. And, if you were delayed, the there are a couple of options after 23:00.

Of course people have travel insurance to cover extra costs if there were disruptions/delays.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Late arrival at Narita Airport 2019/8/16 16:02
We have already booked a hotel (but can still cancel it) in Asakusa and were planning to take the Keisei/Keikyu Narita-Haneda Limited Express (Access express) to Asakusa station. I saw that the last train leaves at 11pm.

Note, the 23:02 service goes to Nishi-Magome, not to Haneda. (Also, it is operated by Keisei and Toei, not Keikyu.)
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Late arrival at Narita Airport 2019/8/16 19:43
By the way, it doesn't change anything for you where the train ultimately goes, mind, just don't be confused when the signboards will say Nishi-Magome and not Haneda as you seem to expect.

http://www.hyperdia.com/cgi/en/search.html?dep_node=NARITA%20AIRPORT%2...

Re: Late arrival at Narita Airport 2019/8/17 01:04
That train at 23:00 departs Terminal 1 at 23:00, and Terminal 2/3 at 23:02. I believe it is Kanazawa-bunko bound. Arriving Asakusa at 23:56, no transfers required.
http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetudou/skyliner/us/traffic/express.php
by Tets O. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Late arrival at Narita Airport 2019/8/17 01:55
I believe it is Kanazawa-bunko bound.

Kanazawa-Bunko on weekdays; Nishi-Magome on weekends and holidays. OP arrives on a Saturday.

reply to this thread