Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bringing Medicines to Japan 2019/8/21 01:01
Greetings

I'll soon be travelling with a friend that has to take the following medicines daily:

- Enanplus
- Zaldiar
- Naproxen
- Yurelax

They are all pill-format medicines and they act as muscle relaxers and anti-inflamatory, for his back problems. Of course, he has the proper medical prescriptions, but I would like to know if further paperwork will be required for him in order to carry them with him past the airport.

by Second-timer (guest)  

Re: Bringing Medicines to Japan 2019/8/22 03:35
Typically the problems are with bringing in stimulants, psychotropics, and narcotics/opiods.

Two of the medicines you list could be very problematic.
Enanplus is listed as Tramadol, an opiod. Zaldiar is listed having the same drug, just a different name.

Instead of asking here, you should be asking the Japanese government.
http://www.mhlw.go.jp/english/topics/import/index.html
http://www.ncd.mhlw.go.jp/en/application.html
You might need a "Yakkan Shoumei" which is a kind of import certificate or a document of advance notification of bringing in the meds.
I suggest you e-mail, phone or fax the government officials in the link above. It could take a few weeks to get things ready, so don't delay.

by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bringing Medicines to Japan 2019/8/23 18:08
Thanks for the valuable information, I'll have him contact them as soon as possible.
by Second-timer (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bringing Medicines to Japan 2019/8/27 17:23
I'll leave this here because it might be useful to other people in the same situation:

"Thank you for your e-mail.

Within 30 day supply is no problem.

No paperwork required.

Sincerely,
Medicinal Inspection and Guidance Division

Kanto Shinetsu Regional Bureau of Health and Welfare"
by Second-timer (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread