Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

less traffic in Tokyo 2019/8/21 10:29
Self drive, Fujisawa - Narita. What is the best time of day and less traffic in Tokyo (between 10am and 8pm, Sunday). If it late evening, where could you recommend spend a day between those cities
by Natulik  

Re: less traffic in Tokyo 2019/8/23 14:13
I haven't driven this route enough to know time of day traffic but whenever getting from one side of Tokyo to the other, I've followed the Bayshore Route. Most of the time the traffic kept moving although once near Haneda, it was down to a crawl.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayshore_Route

I wouldn't stop in between in Tokyo as it's tough to even find a place to park and if you got a late start, I would just stay around Fujisawa or Kamakura for an early start the next day.
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: less traffic in Tokyo 2019/8/23 15:32
If your question for the stop in between is for the day, i would drive from Fujisawa to Chiba Prefecture and then spend the day in the region close to Narita. Eg Sawara and Katori jinja, or down at the coast of Boso peninsula or even in Narita itself (there is a open air Museum closeby)

This way you can control when youfll arrive in Narita for your flight departure.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread