Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Advice on itinerary, should we split tokyo 2019/8/23 01:04
We are travelling march 2019 and plan to spend 3 days in Osaka , one to see the sumo, then 3 days walking the Kumano kudo, then 3-4 days in Kyoto , 2 days in Kanazawa, 2 days yudanaka, then to Tokyo for 4 days. Should we spilt tokyo a couple of days at each end, and is it worth staying in Kii Katsura overnight. All observations gratefully received.
by Mel51 (guest)  

Re: Advice on itinerary, should we split tokyo 2019/8/26 17:32
If you're flying in and out of Tokyo then yes it's possible to split your time in Tokyo, it's still enjoyable I did the same thing recently (2 days at the start, 3 days at the end).

Sounds like a fun trip!
by umjammerleilani rate this post as useful

Re: Advice on itinerary, should we split tokyo 2019/8/26 19:26
Thanks
by Mel51 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Advice on itinerary, should we split tokyo 2019/8/27 00:32
I tend to split Tokyo as you suggest. I take a day or two to get over the jetlag & use the last couple of days for shopping.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Advice on itinerary, should we split tokyo 2019/8/27 01:58
If you can fly into Osaka and go one way, then that is better.

But if you are flying into Tokyo, I would stay at least one night before making the trek to Osaka.
by Me2 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Advice on itinerary, should we split tokyo 2019/8/27 04:04
If youfre going all the way to Wakayama prefecture, then definitely stay at least a night.
Therefs loads to do and itfs lovely and itfll be a nice variation from your other stops.
For me, Ifd also split Tokyo, assuming the places you want to see are spread out over the whole Tokyo area. Saves on travelling time and gives you the chance to experience hanging out in two different neighbourhoods. Others would argue, quite logically, that a single 4 day stay gives you more free time to see things than 2 x 2 day stays. Your choice...
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

reply to this thread