Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

14 days JR Pass and hokkaido rail pass 2019/8/23 16:24
may i know if buy the 14 days JR Pass, will i be able to use it in hokkaido and have unlimited access to all jr lines and buses being offered by hokkaido rail pass? thank you.
by melody (guest)  

Re: 14 days JR Pass and hokkaido rail pass 2019/8/23 18:25
If you are asking whether everything that's covered by the Hokkaido Rail Pass is also covered by the nationwide pass, that's a yes with just one possible exception: the express buses between Sapporo and Otaru (whih are covered by the Hokkaido pass, but possibly not by the nationwide one).
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 14 days JR Pass and hokkaido rail pass 2019/8/23 23:15
Thank you for your quick response. Yes that is my question 😀 if express bus from sapporo to otaru is not included, i have to look into other options. Any suggestions?
by melody (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 14 days JR Pass and hokkaido rail pass 2019/8/23 23:23
If you want to know whether the bus is covered by the nationwide pass, it's best to ask the company directly.

https://www.jrhokkaidobus.com/mail/form01.html

Other than that, I'm not sure what kind of "suggestions" you are looking for. Of course, you can always pay the bus separately, or go to Otaru by train.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 14 days JR Pass and hokkaido rail pass 2019/8/24 08:52
The Hokkaido bus is not covered in the nation-wide 7/14/21 passes. Info is all around to check and confirm. The buses are covered by the Hokkaido passes.

Just pay for the bus separately if the nation-wide pass suits the rest of your travels better.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 14 days JR Pass and hokkaido rail pass 2019/8/24 15:04
There is a JR train from Sapporo to Otaru, so no need to take a bus.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread