Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

About the fee to Kyoto temple in autumn 2019/8/25 18:03
Hi friends,

I am confused about the cost to Kyoto temple in autumn.
There are usually 2 kinds of fee: daytime and illumination time.
If I have bought the daytime ticket, will I need to pay for nightime ticket, assuming that I will be still in the temple until the illumination time?

Thanks for your answer in advance.
by lnkhang  

Re: About the fee to Kyoto temple in autumn 2019/8/26 07:53
More often than not, the temple closes once and then reopens for illuminations, but some remain open. It ultimately depends on the temple.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: About the fee to Kyoto temple in autumn 2019/8/26 10:51
Note that often there are huge crowds for night illuminations, specifically in Kyoto
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: About the fee to Kyoto temple in autumn 2019/8/26 12:11
Separate tickets needed. The temple normally close for an hours or so before the illumination session opens.

Some offer discounts for buying a combined day and night ticket.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: About the fee to Kyoto temple in autumn 2019/8/26 16:54
@Uji, @mfedley, @hakata14: thanks for your answer.

well, it's not really convenient for me.
I am planning to visit the following temples in two separate days.
- Kiyomizudera: my visiting time starts from 16:00. The website says the illumination starts from 17:30, but does not say the closing time for daytime, although it says the closing time on normal day is 18:30 (??).
- Eikando: my visiting time starts from 15:30. The normal day time closes at 17:00. Is it enough for 1.5 hours? The website does not say the illumination time although JapanGuides gave 17:30 as for 2018.
It costs 1000Y for daytime and 600 for nighttime. Is it really worth?

I'll visit other temples in the morning and early afternoon.
Overall question: Is late afternoon good to visit them? Hoping the sunlight's still good for picture....

Thanks again and Have a nice day!
by lnkhang rate this post as useful

reply to this thread