Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 24

1 2
next

Honeymoon trip From Narita airpot to Fuji 2019/8/26 05:55
Hello,

I am very stressed about my honeymoon in japan, it will be 3 days only! So i want to plan in carefully.

The problem is we will arrive in Narita airport terminal 2 around 18:00 and then we want to go this hotel:-
HOSHINOYA Fuji, 1408 Ōishi, Fujikawaguchiko, Minamitsuru-gun, Yamanashi 401-0305, Japan

My question is should we take taxi direct to hotel? Or if we used trains to go there will we find a taxi at the last station to take us to the hotel?
Last question can we take our luggage in the trains? Because i am sure my wife will bring a lot of bags
by Sultan Almansoori (guest)  

Re: Honeymoon trip From Narita airpot to Fuji 2019/8/26 08:20
A taxi would take around 2.5 hours for the ride. Possibly longer if there are traffic jams. The cost would be around 70,000 yen. By public transportation it is more than 4 hours. If the plane is delayed, there is a chance you can't reach Mount Fuji within the day. Even if the journey is smooth, you will check in very late.

It sounds like a rather unpleasant beginning to a honeymoon. I recommend to improve your plan and either arrive earlier or stay somewhere else on your first evening.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Honeymoon trip From Narita airpot to Fuji 2019/8/26 08:32
"Lots of bags" for three days is not a good way to plan a trip to Japan either.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Honeymoon trip From Narita airpot to Fuji 2019/8/26 08:52
Thank you guys!

My wife work schedule is tough. However we made our plans now to stay 4 nights. Two in fuji and two in kyoto the same hotel gHOSHINOYAh
Due to the limited time we have, we don't mind to spend more money to just save time!

So what about renting a car from NRT airport and drive to the hotel is this a good option? If so please provide me with a rental company.

Thanks!
by Sultan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Honeymoon trip From Narita airpot to Fuji 2019/8/26 09:03
Due to the limited time we have, we don't mind to spend more money to just save time!

Then, I recommend to use a taxi. A 3-hour drive through the maze of the Tokyo expressways after a flight is not pleasant.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Honeymoon trip From Narita airpot to Fuji 2019/8/26 11:24
Perhaps you can get a quote from MK taxi. They offer airport pickup service to your hotel.
Ifve only used them from KIX to Kyoto hotel and locally in Kyoto and Tokyo. Excellent service.

https://www.tokyomk.com/?lang=en

by A (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Honeymoon trip From Narita airpot to Fuji 2019/8/26 12:05
I'm going to be negative about your iteneray. You and your wife are not going to have a good time. If your trip is only four days, you're including too much (I already feel rushed just reading your post), and why the need for lots of luggage? Also you're indluding Kyoto. If you're flying out of KIX, I guess it's okay, but if you're flying back out of Tokyo, forget about it. Rethink your trip. What are your objectives of your plan?
by nealson rate this post as useful

Re: Honeymoon trip From Narita airpot to Fuji 2019/8/26 12:13
I would scrap the plan and start again.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Honeymoon trip From Narita airpot to Fuji 2019/8/26 12:52
Hi, if you want a lovely hotel in Tokyo to stay overnight before going on to the Fuji area, I'd recommend Chinzanso. It is very nice, and set in great grounds - you'd barely know you are in Tokyo.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Honeymoon trip From Narita airpot to Fuji 2019/8/26 13:25
Even if you took a taxi from Narita to your first hotel near Fuji (according to your plan), youfre talking about arriving past 9 pm; assuming leaving the airport around 7, then youfd be there at earliest 9:30. You will miss dinner there the first night.

I would plan to either (1) arrive earlier if you definitely want to get to that hotel, or (2) stay in central Tokyo the first night. I agree with the above suggestion; Chinzanso would be a nice place to stay in Tokyo! You can take Narita Express to Tokyo station, then take a taxi from there.

If you are going to Kyoto, I hope you are flying out of KIX airport (Kansai), not from Narita?
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Honeymoon trip From Narita airpot to Fuji 2019/8/26 13:50
Hi, I dont mean to hijack with the Chinzanso talk, but I have been told that it is much, much quicker to get to it by taking the Keisei Skyliner to Nippori station (40 mins) then taxi (25 mins). I took the NEX to Ikebukuro from memory and it was quite a bit longer.

Re: Honeymoon trip From Narita airpot to Fuji 2019/8/26 14:02
Lazy Pious,
Thanks for the additional input. I just mentioned the possible route, thinking it will give the OP the idea of time/trouble comparison :) That route sounds yes indeed quicker!
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Honeymoon trip From Narita airpot to Fuji 2019/8/26 15:55
Cheers, yes they pointed it out in a response to my review on tripadvisor when I said it was awesome but a production to get there, we will go back for sure and next time we will try the skyliner way!

Re: Honeymoon trip From Narita airpot to Fuji 2019/8/27 04:14
Thank you everyone for you kind reply!
I am glad to hear your suggestions and comments.

So I will give you the full picture and why it is really hard to plan it.

1. My spouse is currently in Honolulu (Hawaii) and she has 2 weeks off only!!from 21st November unit 5th December
2. Our family in Dubai (UAE) and the wedding will be there (no direct flights)
So on 21st November we will fly from Honolulu airport to Narita then to Dubai.
( the main reason we chose japan because its in our route)

#The wedding will be on 27th November, ( checkout 28th from hotel in dubai) and unfortunately the flight on Emirates Airline to japan is on 28th at 8 am morning or on 29th at 2:40 am!!

So thatfs the main problem. Then as you guys I will have no dinner at the first day!
So considering all opinions we will take taxi to the hotel and stay there for 2 days!
@ I found that a taxi from booking.com would cost around 31,000 yen.

So my first concern is over, but what now QUESTION is from the transportation from the hotel in FUJI to the hotel in Kyoto then to the airport!! I literally didnft think of that

Re: Honeymoon trip 2019/8/27 12:05
Please check the exact flight departure and arrival time for your actual trip.

[Honolulu -- Tokyo -- Kawaguchiko area]

Narita Airport [NRT] is east outside Tokyo,
adding about 50 to 80 kilometers to your way to Kawaguchiko area.

Presumably you have not cheeked well flights to other major airports.

According to the timetable for this month August 2019,
two flights are scheduled daily
from Honolulu [HNL] to Tokyo Haneda [HND].
The first flight has its ETA at 17:25,
so even when the flight and the immigration take some extra time,
probably you become free to travel in Japan by 20:00,
early enough to get to Kawaguchiko Station before the date changes.
: ANA NH185 (shared by UA7985): HNL (14:10) -- HND (17:25 +1 (#)).

(#)
Pay attention to the exact date.
There is a time difference of 19 hours
between Hawaii State (UTC - 10 hours) and Japan (UTC + 9 hours).
Leaving Honolulu in Hawaii on November the 21st,
you cannot stay near Lake Kawaguchiko in Japan from the night of the 21st.
(Currently Hoshinoya Fuji seems fully booked for the 3 nights from the 22nd.)

A one-way taxi fare is estimated
at around 3000 yen per car during the late and early hours,
at around 2500 yen during the daytime,
to go from/to Kawaguchiko Station to/from Hoshinoya Fuji

[Kyoto -- Dubai]

It seems you don't have to go back to Tokyo.
According to the timetable for September 2019,
one flight is scheduled daily from Kansai [KIX] to Dubai [DXB].
: Emirates EK317 (shared by JL5099): KIX (23:45) -- DXB (04:50+1).

It is about 1 and a half hour
to go by JR Limited Express Haruka from Kyoto Station to KIX.
The last Haruka train is scheduled to depart at 20:30.
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Honeymoon trip From Narita airpot to Fuji 2019/8/27 14:51
I can understand why you choose Japan as destination for your quick honeymoon but not so much why you choose Fujigoko as your destination.

With only 4 days plus all the jet-lag youfll have I would either:
- first night in Narita
- all remaining nights in Fuji departure again from Narita (or better Haneda)

OR
- first night in Narita (or depending on your arrival time fly directly to Itami airport and stay in Kyoto )
- all remaining nights in Kyoto
- departure from KIX

Alternatively doesnft Hawai sound like a great destination? Or Dubai???

And use Japan really only to change planes???

BTW 30,000 yen for Narita to Fuji by taxi seems to be way too low. As a PP suggested get in touch with a taxi company to get a real estimate.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Honeymoon trip From Narita airpot to Fuji 2019/8/27 15:40
This is really helpful thank you again guys now I am more aware of flight times and estimated time to arrival!

Dear BikeLike,
Our initial plan was to go the hotel in Kyoto only. Everything would be easier like that! However there we no room available until 1st December!
Thats the reason we planned to go fuji then Kyoto and all this headache with flights came also.

Therefore, what I am going to do now:
1. Arrange earlier flight, from AUH ( airport in Abudhabi, 1 hour from DXB) to Narita.. this flight will be allow me to arrive at 1:00 PM in Narita airport!
2. Ask/Request an airport pickup from HOSHINOYA fuji hotel.
3. Checkout early on 1st December from there and go to Hoshinoya kyoto!
4. Checkout 3rd December from hoshinoya kyoto and go to KIX and then reach Honolulu 4th December!

Sounds like a good plan but only one point remaining.

#How can i go from first hotel to 2nd one? Its look like 6 hours by train! So am I supposed to leave fuji at 9 am ? To be there 3 pm?

Thanks!

Re: Honeymoon trip From Narita airpot to Fuji 2019/8/27 15:49
But honestly guys I never faced something like this before.. Hotels are fully booked and airplanes tickets are sold.. and its 3 months ahead!

So i guess next time i have to plan, book and buy tickets 6 months ahead..

So what i did now is booked 2 nights (29th and 30th) in hoshinoya fuji and one night (1st December)in hoshinoya Kyoto! And i am going to book the 2nd night as soon as the plan seems reasonable!

Re: Honeymoon trip From Narita airpot to Fuji 2019/8/27 17:44
How can i go from first hotel to 2nd one? Its look like 6 hours by train! So am I supposed to leave fuji at 9 am ? To be there 3 pm?

Kawaguchiko to Mishima by bus.

http://bus-en.fujikyu.co.jp/highway/detail/id/29/

First bus departs at 9:20 and arrives at 10:58.

and then take Shinkansen to Kyoto and then train to Sagaarashiyama

http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/search.html?dep_node=MISHIMA&arv_nod...

Take 11:46 Hikari, transfer at Kyoto and you will arrive Sagaarashiyama at 14:14.

Walk 15 min to take the boat too Hoshinoya.

Hotels are fully booked and airplanes tickets are sold.. and its 3 months ahead!

Hoshinoya Kyoto is very popular ryokan and you will visit the busiest season of the year.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Honeymoon trip From Narita airpot to Fuji 2019/8/27 18:37
You seem to be very decided on this one hotel chain. There are many others also high class ones. Maybe look for some alternative where you can stay ALL nights in 1 hotel in Kyoto and fly in and out of KIX.

Or at least donft go to Fuji first. Get some nice hotel a bit more reachable from Narita and to Kyoto. Maybe Kamakura???

Honeymoon is not meant to be spent on public transport ;-)
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 24

1 2
next

reply to this thread