Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Spouse of Japanese national COE - how long? 2019/8/30 16:39
Hello there. I applied for Spouse of Japanese national COE on 2nd of July 2019. It's been 8 weeks now. I know they said it takes 1-3 months, and I don't mind waiting. But can I know if anyone has ever gotten theirs earlier? I know I read some have gotten theirs at only 2 weeks.
by AdNak  

Re: Spouse of Japanese national COE - how long? 2019/8/30 17:40
Also, I realized that my husband, who filled out the application, wrote ‹–‰Â‰º‚莟‘æ in the Date of Entry part. Is this okay? I dunno, I keep checking for mistakes which might get the application rejected (after applying). I'm just really anxious, and if I get rejected, then it means I can't live with my husband.
by AdNak rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse of Japanese national COE - how long? 2019/8/30 18:30
I got my CoE after 6 weeks, but it is case by case and there is no answer for your case.

There is nothing wrong with ‹–‰Â‰º‚莟‘æ . I did as soon as possible.
Sometimes people need to have some craze time for other preparations etc.

If there is a mistake or additional information required they will contact you or your husband.

Do not worry to much and just wait, although waiting is killing.

Best luck
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse of Japanese national COE - how long? 2019/8/30 20:33
There is nothing to do but wait and waiting is ........ especially being away from your spouse.

My spouse visa COE took almost 3 months. As long as submit everything in order , things should be OK.

Tunggu dan sabar jelah..org kpg.

Good luck.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse of Japanese national COE - how long? 2019/8/31 13:52
Haha tq very much @ guest. Ye, sabar itu penting, tapi sis dah berhenti kerja siap2. Rasa bodoh pun ada. Nak cepat siap supaya boleh start kerja balik. I guess 2 months has passed, what's another month, right?

Re: Spouse of Japanese national COE - how long? 2019/9/5 20:31
Its 3 months today since I have applied for my COE for spouse of PR with a lawyer . no call or update from immigration or lawyer still waiting and waiting . worried and nervous especially that I heared when the immigration doesn't request additional documents during this 3 months there is a high risk for denial . lord be with us
by Goeorge (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse of Japanese national COE - how long? 2019/9/6 10:24
Dont worry, the result will come. You can call and ask about status
by Guest C (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse of Japanese national COE - how long? 2019/9/6 10:49
no call or update from immigration or lawyer still waiting and waiting

You could call and check up with your lawyer, since you are paying for his service.
Immigration is getting stricter, especially with many fraud/violation of visa/status.
All you can do just wait and follow-up with your lawyer.

Re: Spouse of Japanese national COE - how long? 2019/9/6 13:05
@Goeorge I came as a tourist and then applied for change of status to spouse of permanent resident and got my spouse of resident status after two months and 10 days just one time only immigration send a mail requested my wife tax, certificate.
by Maddy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse of Japanese national COE - how long? 2019/9/6 20:04
We talk with lawyer the he said we can't do anything unless waiting .the immigration wouldn't share the result or the processing because its discrete. I been to Japan twice as a tourist and our relationship is genuine . especially that we applied first time for coe but rejected.for the marriage they said its true genuine but bec my wife couldn't provide report of marriage from her embassy Philippines bec she need a recognition of foreign divorce but this time we explained why she can't do that especially that we have sircumanstances as her daughter is sick and has a doctor cert.. She needs care . hope under this sircumanstances they will approve my coe. I need to be with my wife and she needs me we love each other . lord be with us

Re: Spouse of Japanese national COE - how long? 2019/9/6 20:24
So it is not a simple application. Hence why it is taking so long. You could've shared that info right from the start.
by Hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse of Japanese national COE - how long? 2019/9/6 21:02
Its still simple as an application but a document my wife couldn't provide then should explains why couldn't do so .....
Circumstances its case by case basis then let's c under human circumstances rather than documentation what could happen .I'm still optimistic about our case because of the power of love and the human being ... Thank you for your answers and time

Re: Spouse of Japanese national COE - how long? 2019/9/7 14:38
See, I didn't know about the change of status at all, and now I'm still in Japan, but my TV is almost up, so I definitely have to go back before the COE is finished (if it even is accepted). I hate this.

Re: Spouse of Japanese national COE - how long? 2019/9/8 22:43
OKAY! So I received my COE while I'm in Japan. I know I've read some that have done their change of status using COE before. Care to share? What documents do you need?

Please don't tell me that I have to go back to my country, as I've also kept that in mind, but I'm going to try anyway and go to the immigration centre.

Re: Spouse of Japanese national COE - how long? 2019/9/9 09:16
Change of Status
English
http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/english/tetuduki/kanri/shyorui/02.html
Japanese
http://www.moj.go.jp/ONLINE/IMMIGRATION/16-2.html

Change of Status <CoS> is not the normal/standard way to go about (TV to Spouse ) and immigration tend to insist on COE. CoS is normally for those already with resident status, changing to to other type of status. Especially with recent increase in visa fraud/violation (mostly student visa). It is case by case and depend on immigration.

Basically CoS and COE use almost the same documentations, advantage is you don't need to return to Malaysia.

If your application for CoS is accepted, you are granted extension of 2 months from your current visa/status expiration date or until result is decided.

So read up above link and ask the immigration.

Re: Spouse of Japanese national COE - how long? 2019/9/11 20:25
Hello there! Just wanted to tell you guys, I did it. I just brought the Change of Status application form, guarantee letter and the COE. They processed it on the spot, I got my resident card.

Hope the others will get theirs soon!

Re: Spouse of Japanese national COE - how long? 2019/9/11 22:10
Tahniah!

Good to know everything went well. Enjoy your new adventure ...

reply to this thread