Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How can my mother adopt me and my daughter 2019/9/1 11:38
Good day, im lyka .i just want to seek some help and guidance. My mom was already a japanese citizen and her name change to japanese too. Im a single mom living here in the philippines,my daughter is now 6years old,acknowledge by her father but left us since she was 3months old. My mom wants us to live with her. Im already registered at their konseki. I just want to know what should be our process and if someone can help me with this. Much appreciated for the help. Thank you
by Lydy0721  

Re: How can my mother adopt me and my daughter 2019/9/1 14:49
If you are registered in the koseki, you could be a Japanese citizen, and maybe your daughter as well. I suggest you first discuss your situation with the Japanese embassy in the Philippines to confirm this. If you are a Japanese citizen, you just need to get a Japanese passport and go to Japan.

If you are not a Japanese citizen but your mother was a Japanese citizen at the time of your birth, you can apply for a Child of Japanese National visa for yourself and Long-term Resident for your daughter.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread