Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sightseeing from Kyoto to Nozawa Onsen 2019/9/2 21:08
Hi

I will be heading from Kyoto to Nozawa Onsen in 3rd week of Dec. I am trying to stop in between and rest for a night. But not sure what are nice places to stop for sightseeing. I don't mind deviating a bit.

I have been to Takayama , Shiragawago & Nagano. Not intended to go there again.

Is Kanazawa & Toyama good place to de-tour a bit? Any other place to suggest ?
by kongdino  

Re: Sightseeing from Kyoto to Nozawa Onsen 2019/9/3 09:11
I didnt see how many days we are talking about, but I would suggest maybe Hikone (near Maibara) then on to Kiso Valley (Tsumago - Magome are nice, not spectacular, but good if you dont have high expectations), then Matsumoto.

Kanazawa is also nice but personally (I hope I dont get flamed for this) it isnt a lot different to Kyoto in landscape and "feel" (it is called Little Kyoto) so I tend to think it is not idea to go from Big Kyoto to Little Kyoto, I'd rather go somewhere completely different. I havent seen the interesting side of Toyama as yet but have been told that there are some nice parts of it.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sightseeing from Kyoto to Nozawa Onsen 2019/9/3 11:16
Sorry, just saw it is for one night. I think Matsumoto could be a good choice, or Tsumago/Narai area. You will be seeing some interesting countryside along the way.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sightseeing from Kyoto to Nozawa Onsen 2019/9/3 16:17
* Matsumoto is marvelous (check out Asamaonsen for the night there)
* Obuse with its great Hokusai-Museum (and this is the place to go if you love chestnuts)
* if you are willing to make a small detour you could go over Mino (Paper!) and Gujo Hachiman (nice town and castle) / Kanazawa
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

Re: Sightseeing from Kyoto to Nozawa Onsen 2019/9/3 18:30
Obuse is nice. Therefs an old samurai house district (small but nice), and a sake brewery that does tours. The Hokusai museum is small but worthwhile.
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: Sightseeing from Kyoto to Nozawa Onsen 2019/9/3 23:35
Thanks for suggesting Obuse .
May I ask where is Mino (Paper!) ?
Which is the sake brewery that does tours ?
Where is Gujo Hachiman ?

Thanks all
by kongdino rate this post as useful

Re: Sightseeing from Kyoto to Nozawa Onsen 2019/9/4 15:56
Why simply not google?

But ok, here are the recommendations in those cities, so just click the links and you know where they are:

Mino: https://www.google.at/maps/place/Former+Imai+Family+Residence/@35.5467...

Gujo Hachiman:
https://www.google.at/maps/place/Gujo+Hachiman+Castle/@35.753153,136.9...

Obuse Sake Brewery:
https://www.google.at/maps/place/–‘ˆ๊Žs‘บŽ๐‘ข๊/@36.6949966,138.3164277,19.15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x8d51f5cd8f6edcf7!8m2!3d36.695075!4d138.316007
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread