Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shinagawa Japan Rail Pass exchange 2019/9/2 22:51
Hi there, would like to activate my JR rail pass at Shinagawa station. Anyone their officeworking hours? Brochure says opening at 8h00 but website says 11h00. Thanks!
by Wilson (guest)  

Re: Shinagawa Japan Rail Pass exchange 2019/9/3 06:57
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shinagawa Japan Rail Pass exchange 2019/9/3 07:30
From a brochure I have on my desk, you would be looking at the JR Tokai Tours Office hours (11:00 to 19:00). JR Central ticket office exchange hours are 9:00 to 19:00.

I would never use JR Tokai Tours office for an exchange based on previous experience with their "service".
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Shinagawa Japan Rail Pass exchange 2019/9/7 01:29
Opens at 9a. Tourists often are lined up ahead of that time and the wait can be long. Be sure to have passport and voucher in hand.

You redeem your voucher for the Pass at the office (which is next to the turnstile entrances), then go across the hall to the JR East ticket offices if you want to obtain Shinkansen (bullet train) tix.

Both locations have english speaking staff.

JR East...this is Tokyo...

S
by USC4Ever rate this post as useful

Re: Shinagawa Japan Rail Pass exchange 2019/9/7 13:26
JR East...this is Tokyo...

JR Central is also present at Shinagawa station, since it operates the Tokaido Shinkansen, which stops there.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shinagawa Japan Rail Pass exchange 2019/9/10 20:48
Hi Wilson,

Here you can check a list with all the JR Exchange Offices service hours: https://www.jrailpass.com/files/exchange_office.pdf

Enjoy your trip!
by Claire (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread