Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Okinawa in October 2019/9/3 18:26
Hello,

Looking for advice - I have 5 days after traveling Kyushu and before heading to Tokyo. I think of spending those days in Okinawa prefecture.

1. Is Okinawa sunny or mostly grey in mid-October? i.e, is it possible to sit on the beach and enter the water?
2. Is 5 days enough for exploring the main island + 1 other island (perhaps Ishigaki)?

Thanks!
by haimke100  

Re: Okinawa in October 2019/9/4 08:27
You would need to fly to Ishigaki from Naha but you can take a boat to Kerama Islands, which are also quite nice (30-60mn). I actually like them better than Ishigaki. I am in fact in Tokashiki right now. I was here in late september last year as well and it was amazing and I would think that October would also be fine with the typhoon season ending. I come here mostly for swimming so cannot comment on the mainland activitiws much but Naha is a decent city with an impressive castpe and good dining choices.
by Bizarre Journeys rate this post as useful

reply to this thread