Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hokkaido Itinerary 2019/9/8 13:40
I will be travelling solo to Hokkaido between 20 Jan to 29 Jan 2020. Arrival at New Chitose airport at around 2.30pm and leaving from the same airport at around 5.30pm.

I won't be driving, so modes of transports will only be bus and trains or day tours.
Places of interests: Sapporo, Otaru, Asahikawa, Biei, Furano (for skiiing), Lake Shikotsu, Lake Toya, Noboribetsu, and Hakodate.

Just an initial thought that I should be leaving Sapporo and Lake Shikotsu towards the end since it is closer to the airport. However, with Asahikawa, Biei and Furano (central Hokkaido) and Hakodate pretty far apart, I am not sure how is the best way to go about this itinerary.

Should I be travelling to central Hokkaido first before heading to Sapporo area and then to Hakodate before leaving for the airport? Or the other way round?

Any opinions are appreciated :)
by Jonathan (guest)  

Re: Hokkaido Itinerary 2019/9/8 18:22
You have 9 days and 9 locations. It's too much.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hokkaido Itinerary 2019/9/8 22:58
Hakodate is in a totally different direction from Asahikawa, Biei and Furano, and you would spend more time on transportation than having time to do anything chasing around. I would suggest skipping Hakodate as it's not near any of the other places you wish to see, and Hakodate is similar to other port towns like Nagasaki, Kobe and Yokohama, basically a place to see western style old buildings so it could be skipped.
by Kuma-san (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hokkaido Itinerary 2019/9/9 08:15
In my previous trip, I headed straight to Lake Shikotsu from the airport and stayed in a ryokan. This is just because I wanted to rest before I go sight seeing. Stayed in Shikotsu Daiichi Suizantei and the room with the onsen with the lake view was perfect in winter. The area itself is not much of a destination though. It's only for those who like a quiet getaway. Just a note, you can use lockers so you don't have to bring your luggage on the bus. We took the local limo bus which didn't have storage space so it took up quite a huge space which wasn't so nice especially when the bus is full.
by Andrea (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread