Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Gear recommendations 2019/9/9 17:55
Hello all!
I'm coming from Nz to Hakuba in December for the first time and wondered whether anyone had found it easier /cheaper to buy gear in Hakuba or Tokyo (don't mind second hand gear) or to bring gear over from New Zealand.
I've only just started to learn how to board but want to get right into it while I'm there. I'm not very familiar with what board/gear would be the best for me so any recommendations would be very appreciated! Or any tips in general for this rookie jumping in the deep end!
by Ana (guest)  

Re: Gear recommendations 2019/9/9 20:55
I think you can rent everything you need including wear directly in the snow resort. This would also make your travel lighter.

If instead you want to buy, I would buy back home unless you speak Japanese.

Enjoy the ride!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Gear recommendations 2019/9/11 14:17
It sounds like you do not own any gear, yet. If it were me, I would at least start by buying boots and wear at home. Snowboarding is way more fun when you are comfortable. Especially, with boots. If your boots are not comfortable, you will be miserable.
by Taco Grande rate this post as useful

reply to this thread