Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo-Hakone-Kyoto-Tokyo 2019/9/11 00:26
Hi,

Would really appreciate a bit of advice on the best/cheapest way of using the train system for this trip.

I want to go from Tokyo to Hakone (2 -nights) and then onto Kyoto (3-nights) then back to Tokyo.

Is a JR pass worth it?

Thanks very much

Jon
by Jon (guest)  

Re: Tokyo-Hakone-Kyoto-Tokyo 2019/9/11 11:39
Is a JR pass worth it?

Well, there are so many ways to go Tokyo-Hakone-Kyoto-Tokyo. I would take "romance car" from Shinjuku to Hakone yumoto which is not covered by the JR pass. Then from Odawara to Kyoto by Shinkansen (within Hakone, JR is not valid at all so you don't need to consider it). Kyoto to Tokyo is difficult to decide. Normal way is to take Nozomi Shinkansen, but I would consider flight. It takes a little longer but cheaper and the scenery might be better: You will take monorail to Osaka airport-Itami and from Haneda to Hamamatsucho, and you might be able to see Mt Fuji from the window of the aircraft. Normal way is to take Shinkansen though :).
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo-Hakone-Kyoto-Tokyo 2019/9/11 19:40
Thanks so much for your help!

Really useful info

Cheers

Jon
by Jon (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread